November 20th, 2000 until December 30th, 2020
Forum rules - Updated 13 Dec 2007
Rules for all Members:
Rules for Web Hosts
- Spam and referral links are not allowed (this includes resellerspanel and website.ws type sites). You can not promote anything here outside the advertising sections.
- Personal attacks are not allowed.
- Posts unrelated to the forum topics are not allowed.
- Crossposting the same message on multiple forums or in one forum is not allowed.
- Discussions about how to cheat a free host or other services are not allowed.
- NO Warez hosting requests/offers
- Signature rules: Your signature can have a maximum of 4 lines at 1024 resolution and must be in normal font size or smaller, no quote tags, and only two smilies. Links are allowed here, but no reseller links or links to sites that are not your own [no selling your signature like ad space].
- If you wish to praise a web host or warn people about a bad web host you can't be anonymous. Post the URL you used with the site.
- One person, one account Don't share accounts. If you wish to change your username, contact an admin/moderator. We allow 1 username change per year.
- We don't allow people to post on behalf of banned members.
- Don't ask for free domains or for someone to sponsor a domain for you.
- Post in english.
Hosts are welcome to participate on this forum, but are not allowed to advertise their business by plugging their company and/or URL outside the advertising forums.
Warnings and infractions
- NO offers with "unlimited" or "unmetered" transfer/bandwidth/space. There is no such thing.
- Virtually unlimited/unmetered offers; use common sense. If it seems virtually impossible, it will be removed.
- Stay within reasonable confines of request. ex; if a customer asks for 500mb, don't offer 250. 450mb would be OK. If they ask for free hosting, don't post an offer that cost money.
- Co-branded affiliate free hosts (youhosting, byet, 0catch, attractsoft, vistapanel, etc) may not advertise their host anywhere. The link is ok in signatures though.
- Hosting offers that are replies to a poster's request must include ALL of the following information UNDER 25 LINES [including BLANK lines]
1. The URL to the plan
2. The price
3. Describe or name the features you offer that match the original request.
- Web hosts are not allowed to reply to another web hosts thread, unless it's an offer for servers which the web host is honestly interested in. Web hosts may also not post bad comments about other hosts ("host bashing")
- Copy/Paste hosting offers not allowed; posting the exact same package, text, etc. over and over to various threads. More Info
- Specific Requests: If a poster asks for a specific feature, such as Ruby on Rails or PHP, and your hosting offer does not SPECIFICALLY INCLUDE information saying it offers this, it will be removed.
You get infractions if you break the rules. With every infraction you get points depending on how serious we consider it to be. Some offenses will result in up to 5 points, some will only result in a 1 point infraction. The points expire after a certain date. When you have 10 active not expired points you get banned until the points have expired.
When you have received a total of 10 infractions even if some have expired you get banned for a month. If you do serious harm or abuse to this forum you get instantly banned with no warning. For instance posting ad spam.
Warnings are infractions without points, so it's more of a way for the moderators to inform you not to do that again.
If one of your posts have been deleted or if you have been banned and you can't understand why, please contact FreeWebspace.Net.
NEW MEMBERS: We will manually moderate your first few posts to ensure you are not a spam bot. You will also be unable to use PM's during this time. No need to post twice if you don't see your post appear, just wait until it gets approved.
We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without prior notice. It is your responsibility as a member to stay informed of our current policies. Additional rules may apply for individual sections of the forum. See sticky threads at the top of each forum you post at.
Public posts debating moderators' enforcement of the rules will be removed. Feedback about the rules and/or moderation should be sent in private to the moderators or through this form.
Any abuse towards our moderators will result in warnings or suspension of your account.
Special thanks to Matt8 for initiating and creating the update to the current rules.