View Full Version : Promote???
December 25th, 2000, 20:14
I am not sure which board-topic this goes under
so I thought maybe I could post it here.
I am looking for ways to promote one of my websites.
what im looking for is like search-engine info
or places that will do the submitting for the user
and get the website placed in many engines.
or if some one has tips for promoting a website.
December 25th, 2000, 22:31
You might want to try search engine submission sites like http://www.AddMe.com. There are also programs you can buy that automatically submit your site to thousands of search engines. A few of these programs off the top of my head are SubmitWolf PRO and Addweb.
December 26th, 2000, 18:19
I had "SubmitWolf" once, it was really good
but had to re-buy a password after the one year
was up, or something like that..
plus I had heard some engines will not take urls
from it since its almost like a spamming engine.
I seen the stuff link-exchange offers, msn listing,
5000 banner inpressions (wont go very far), and
etc things.. any one ever tryed these?
Thanks for the help Nick. :o)
December 28th, 2000, 13:25
Banner exchanges don't tend to work in my experiences. I usually end up putting the banners on all my pages and getting no visitors because the targeted rotation isn't the quality of what you would expect on a paid service. In other words, this happens:
- You sign up.
- Show banners on your site that have nothing to do with your site's genre.
- You get a handful of hits.
- Turns out your programming help site banner is getting shown to thousands of four year old pokemon fans.
- You just got screwed.
- Remove all banners from your site and close banner exchange account.
The best way in my opinion is to do one for one button/banner exchanges with other sites of your genre that are semi-popular/getting massive hits. Example:
- You have a pro wrestling news site. You're getting two hits a day.
- You need more hits.
- Make a 88x31 button or 468x60 banner and email the owner of other sites that get 500 or so uniques a day. Ask if they would want to trade.
- You'll get gradually increasing hits.
- Word of mouth will set in.
- Your site will get greater ammounts of hits and will be eligable to link up with sites with much higher hits/day.
- You link up with sites getting thousands of hits per day.
- Your site keeps on growing and growing.
- You've reached your goal of becoming a pop site.
Just remember, no matter what you do or how you do it, it is going to take TIME to make a site grow popular. You just have to keep at it.
December 28th, 2000, 14:15
Try http://www.hitexchange.net, it seemed pretty good when I was using it.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.