View Full Version : godaddy hosting have problem?
June 8th, 2006, 03:32
i buy godaddy hosting yesterday,the hosting setup is very trouble,such as create a email account,i cannot receive mail now with outlook express,i follow the help,but also cannot receive mail.When i use my hotmail email send a mail to my domain email account,i use browser can see the mail,but the character is disorder.I use all encoding,it's the same.
In addition,when i change some config,godaddy let me wait 15 mitutes,it's very trouble and insupportable.
somebody know how to setup it?
June 8th, 2006, 03:41
Well there had been lots of stories about how bad godaddy hosting is so if your facing some issues it wont be news to many.
But its better to contact their support and ask if they are using different port for smtp/pop3 or even running one at all.
June 8th, 2006, 09:57
Cant complain much about those overselling hosts :lol:
June 11th, 2006, 10:19
Yet another one not reading FAQs.. oh well :P I've copied and pasted it from their FAQs and made it readable :)
Setting Up Microsoft Outlook with Your Email Account
Last Updated: December 15, 2005 2:18 PM
You can set up and use Microsoft Outlook with your Webmail account, but before you set up your account in Outlook, you need to set your SMTP Relay options in your Account Manager.
To Set Your SMTP Relay Options
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. From the Hosting & Email menu, click Email Accounts.
3. Locate the account you want to set up and click Setup Account.
4. From the Relays per Day list, select the number of relays per day you want to use for the account.
5. Specify whether you want to use the same user name and password for SMTP Relay that you use to access your account (recommended), or specify that you want to use a different user name and password and type them in the User Name, Password, and Confirm Password fields.
6. Click Save Settings.
To Set Up Outlook with Your Email Account
NOTE: The following procedure is for Microsoft Outlook 2003. You can also view a tutorial for Setting up Outlook with your email account.
1. In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select Add a new e-mail account and click Next.
3. On the Server Type window, select POP3 and click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, in the Your Name field, type your first and last name.
5. In the E-mail Address field, type your email address.
6. In the User Name and Password fields, type your user name (your full email address) and password, and then specify whether you want Outlook to remember your password.
7. In the Incoming mail server (POP3) field, type the name of your incoming server mail.mydomain.com, where "mydomain.com" is the name of your domain.
8. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, type smtpout.secureserver.net.
9. Click More Settings.
10. On the Internet E-mail Setting window, click Outgoing Server.
11. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
12. Select Log on using, and then, in the User Name and Password fields, type the user name and password you set up in the SMTP relay section of your Manage Email Accounts page.
Specify whether Outlook should remember your password.
13. Click the Advanced tab.
14. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) field, change the port to 80 or 3535.
15. Click OK.
16. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, click Next.
17. Click Finish.
June 11th, 2006, 11:13
Godaddy are good as a domain registar. Do not expect much form them as a host.
June 11th, 2006, 11:53
Godaddy is A+ for domains... hosting.. no idea i havent been with them, but from what i heard its awful!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.