November 6th, 2000, 11:37
Add WorldWebUSA (http://worldwebusa.net/) to your black list.
I've had nothing but trouble from them. First, without realizing it, I sent Credit card information over their unsecure website. Then they didn't even recieve the billing and I had to call them.
At this time, I was informed that their unlimited bandwidth would be capped at 2gb and that my own IP, which is promised in the signup, is actually a shared IP.
I asked for my money back, and guess what...no reply!!
Stay away from this company at all costs!
[Edited by cds on 11-06-2000 at 01:00 PM]
November 6th, 2000, 12:44
a few leassons learned here Im sure
1. See why we all get so ticked off when hosts CLAIM UNLIMITED bandwidth?? This just goes to show you they CAPPED your unlimited bandwidth at 2GB..so it is really NOT unlimited, which is what they must claim on their site?
2.If they have zapped and charged your card already..and you have indeed cancelled..I would definitely call my credit card company and they can do a chargeback..so you can get a refund.
another host horror story....there are still good reputable hosts around though that CARE for their customers. Research em and good luck!!
November 10th, 2000, 02:01
For the record, I would like to state reasons for cancelling my account with hostsave.
1. For a problem I mailed to you one week ago, I have only received a personal response today, after a week's time.
Can you imagine waiting for 1 week for anyone to answer a question which could be answered in 10 minutes or less. No thank you. I was, however, able to receive 4 or 5 automatically generated responses which have had nothing at all to do with my problem. I still have a copy of the e-mail sent, and the non sequitur response for your reference.
2. My site went down for 24 hrs yesterday without any apparent reason. I could not resolve the IP address for the site, could not send mail to the pop3 accounts, could not log-in to the ftp server. I appreciate the fact that it was checked, but not at the time it was down. Again, your timely response was needed, and the time to have done something has long since past.
3. You do not even have a contact telelphone # at which to reach you. I sent an e-mail to email@example.com
specifically asking for nothing else aside from the contact #, and an e-mail was returned apologizing for the delay of the response, how the servers were down, but in the end, still failed to provide a contact #. It only proved again that HostSave does not have the answers to my questions, but rather provides answers that are entirely unrelated to my questions. And now you admit that your company does not have a phone #. Being an internet company does not mean you sever all other previous technology like the telephone. How can you expect to be a legitimate business without a phone line?
4. I have found other hosts at more affordable prices, who at least are kind enough to put their contact telephone #'s on their website, and provide better service.
I, therefore, DEMAND that you provide a FULL REFUND OF ALL CREDIT CARD CHARGES CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD.
This is the 4th letter I have e-mailed to the billing department, and my billing has not yet been cancelled.
Remark: Hostsave has since cancelled my account (without informing me of course - I had to ask for a formal letter of cancellation.)
I'm looking for a new webhost now. I'm considering Hostrocket.com, fatcow.com, and your-site.com. Any feedback?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.