• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats your favorite OS

Antonio F

Hey,

What is your favorite operation system and why ??

Mine is Windows 2000 Pro
because i got a old machine and its pretty fast with win 2000:fangel:

User preference is Vista Ultimate at the moment. Trying to go from 32 to 64-bit though.
If your a linux fan, I like Fedora Core. :D

Though, I'm looking forward to gOS (Google Operating System).

My favorites.

Media Editing: Mac OSX. No I dont have a mac but I have worked with them and love them for that.

General use: Windows XP. Vista is to bloated at times.

Older System: Fedora Core or Ubuntu

Server: CentOS / Windows Server 2003

I favor none!

Mac OS X is great,a dn i cant wait to get my first ever Mac. but, for windows, i have to stick with Ultimate.

General Use: Mac OS
Video/Sound Editing: Mac OS
Gaming: Windows XP
Programming: Windows XP
Server: CentOS 5

Code:
General Use / Gaming      = Windows Vista (Home Premium)

Media Editing (Not Flash) = Mac OS (I don't own one, but I've used them)

Older Systems             = Xubuntu

Overall Favorite          = Ubuntu/Fedora Core (With Compiz-Fusion)

Now if only my printer/scanner worked with Ubuntu/Fedora Core. The reason I chose Ubuntu/Fedora Core, is because the fact that it has much more support than one may think. It's just sometimes hard to get such support. That, and Compiz-Fusion. However, there are many drawbacks to it as well.

Last edited:
I liekz teh ArchLinux. I don't really play PC games so no reason for Windows ... I'm broke so I can't afford Apple computers. (Not like I would bother anyway ... I like open hardware ... ). I know what the "outside/IRL world" looks like and regularly venture out into it, so I'm incompatable with BSD ...

User preference is Vista Ultimate at the moment. Trying to go from 32 to 64-bit though.
If your a linux fan, I like Fedora Core. :D

Though, I'm looking forward to gOS (Google Operating System).

gOS is already a Linux distribution. It's basically Ubuntu with a new theme. It's different from Google's OS, but it still basically cups Google's nuts.

Last edited:
Has to be Window XP. Use it whether it for Office, Photoshop, Premiere etc, Window XP serve me well. MacOS seem to be another cool OS though.

I like the ones that has windows in them.
that one with a cool looking start menu and starts with a X

Vista Home Premium (Business is good, too).
I would love Linux if Lexmark made drivers for it. I have a wireless printer, and it won't work through WiFi or USB. I've never actually owned a Mac, but might or might not like OS X.

Just a Q, who owns this? www.thinkgos.com - last I knew, Google was naming their OS, gOS? the site even has many references to Google, but, the Wiki states they don't own it, neither does the Whois...

Back