• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question for hosting companies about resellers

Brendale

Hi there,

I'm hoping for some input from hosting companies on what generally happens to the hosting accounts set up by a reseller if they cancel their reseller account. Are contracts usually honoured by the hosting provider until the end of the paid period or does the agreement disappear with the reseller?

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

It goes with the reseller. I can't take care of his clients. They might not even know that they are on a reseller.

Yes sander is correct... The reseller clients do not even know that it is reselling... Or else they would directly come to the real host...

But cant clients get transfered to another reseller? I remember with iihosting.net, they closed or something, and clients are now with another provider.

That can be done, but again the clients might not even know that they are on a reseller.
The owner of the server doesn't have to contact the clients to warn them or what ever. I am pretty sure the law even forbits you to do so.
Because you would break the privacy protection law.

Sure. The reseller is responsible for the rights of the people they are serving for. Some though haму special paragraph in the TOS.

if the source hosting provide free hosting the users unders canceled reseller will moved to the source
this work with directadmin reseller

if the source hosting provide free hosting the users unders canceled reseller will moved to the source

That sucks. So you mean that the server owner will get those not paying clients on his servers?

Unless the server owner decide to take over those clients and issue them with invoices.
Or else, I don't see the point of the server owner take over those users.

Can he do that? Isn't that forbidden by the law?

Yeah, but if the server owner and the reseller have an agreement, then it will longer have any issue.
It will be just like the server owner taking over the "company" which belongs to the reseller.

Back