• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should Youhosting resellers be banned here?

you are right, as a reseller at youhosting and resellercluster i do not have any control over the servers

but the problem is the hosting quality or the big competition from the resellers ?

also i do not think that resellercluster offer low quality free hosting services
youhosting is new and still in beta and need time for see how they will go

you are right, as a reseller at youhosting and resellercluster i do not have any control over the servers

but the problem is the hosting quality or the big competition from the resellers ?

also i do not think that resellercluster offer low quality free hosting services
youhosting is new and still in beta and need time for see how they will go

But no matter what, clients need to know that from who they get their account from.
For example, co-branded reseller. Users need to know that their provider do not have any access to control the server and solve the problems.
And just in case the co-branded reseller decided to close down, at least they know to who they should contact and get back their stuffs.
Not all users know that there are co-branded reseller exist.

The big competition? No competition at all. I don't try to compete with people who can't even make an investment and set up a business properly, manage an actual server for their clients, etc. The youhosting folk aren't in the same league, quite honestly. Learn how to manage a server, make your "business" legitimate, and then come talk to me about competition. I've been in the industry 16 years in January. I can assure you that you little youhosting folk who have no clue how to run a [hosting] business don't scare me in the slightest.

The problem is that people come to forums like this for advice. The real businesses in this industry need to make sure the clients understand what they're getting themselves into when they deal with these co-branded or other non co-branded resellers. The quality is poor, the servers (particularly youhosting) are ridiculously overloaded, and the "host" has absolutely no control over those servers. That's a problem, and potential clients need to understand that.

@CS Squad if a client cares and want to know from who get their account from will find a way to get that info
also if i tell them that they get them account from youhosting or attractsoft or byet will make any difference ??
and the more im thinking about the more i like the idea to add this at my site "© 2007 - 2011 mydomain.net & attractsoft.com"

@wswd remember that we are talking for a few selected resellers that may get the right to post offers, so the "people who can't even make an investment" does not apply

@wswd remember that we are talking for a few selected resellers that may get the right to post offers, so the "people who can't even make an investment" does not apply

I'm talking about resellers in general. And no, paying $5/mo. for some reseller account is hardly an investment for a business. This is the crux of what's wrong with the hosting industry. You have kids running "businesses" using their monthly allowance money. They don't know how to run a business, no idea how to run a web host, no idea how to manage servers, etc.

if i tell them that they get them account from youhosting or attractsoft or byet will make any difference ??

Any difference in regards to what? If you told me your "company" was running on youhosting or byte, I wouldn't touch your hosting with a 10 foot pole, especially considering that I could go straight to youhosting or byet myself, get my own account (for free), and completely eliminate the absolutely useless middleman (i.e. you). A lot of people looking for hosting, however, simply don't know any better. Well, we're here to educate those people who don't know any better. :)

Last edited:
wswd the question is IF some selected resellers will be allowed to post offers here, so please dont tell me what do you think in general about all the resellers
also you are here for promote your services and sometimes you can help some ppl with your knowledges

also im going to add today at my reseller sites a "powered by xxxx"
and will not make any difference

If you told me your "company" was running on youhosting or byte, I wouldn't touch your hosting with a 10 foot pole, especially considering that I could go straight to youhosting or byet myself, get my own account (for free), and completely eliminate the absolutely useless middleman (i.e. you).
You are not looking for hosting my friend and if you was with your "knowledges" you have to be able to understood that my site use a reseller account with out me having to tell anything
also a user CAN NOT get hosting from youhosting directly, youhosting offers reseller hosting, not free hosting for any site, get an account at youhosting and do not create a host and soon you will get close down.

also you are here for promote your services and sometimes you can help some ppl with your knowledges

Absolutely! I've made people a couple offers here. By the way, if you check out the paid offers section, I've made exactly 1 post since I've been here. ;) Not exactly promoting my services. You'll also see that over at WHT and FreeWHT, I don't even use a signature. I don't come to forums like this to ----- my business out, at least not primarily.

also a user CAN NOT get hosting from youhosting directly, youhosting offers reseller hosting, not free hosting for any site, get an account at youhosting and do not create a host and soon you will get close down.

So what's to stop you from getting one of their reseller accounts and just reselling an account to yourself, for your own free hosting? Absolutely nothing! I've done it to try out their services when they were first introduced. I wanted to see what all the buzz was about, and as expected, the only buzz I found was overloaded services, and an unsustainable business model. You can just get a free domain, set up a fake free host, and give yourself all the 10GB/100GB hosting you could ever want for your own sites.

Can't get hosting directly from youhosting? Try again. :)

1 you have a signature here and at DP

2 youhosting will cancel your account for inactivity, you have to have real customers for keep the service, not just host your own sites

3 for one more time i will remind you that we are talking about a few selected resellers, not everyone

1 you have a signature here and at DP

Correct. As I said, I'm not here or at any other forum to simply w.hore my services out, like many of the hosts out there.

2 youhosting will cancel your account for inactivity, you have to have real customers for keep the service, not just host your own sites

How will they know if it's a personal site or a customer site? They'll have no clue. :) Like I said, you create some fake host (using their hosting template...you don't even have to design your own site) with some free domain name, and then give your personal sites the 10GB/100GB treatment. They have no idea if they're your own sites or customer sites.

I agree, assuming you guys would get your own subforum and wouldn't be allowed to post offers in the "Requests" forums. You all can sit in your subforum and fight over who has the best 10GB/100GB plan. ;)

I am damn lazy to argue in this thread already...
Reason?
I believe you all should know what is the reason.
No matter how many times we all stated the reason why co-branded host should not mess around in this place, there will be also an answer to say messing up this place with a co-branded host is something good....
ARGH!!!!!

I'm leaning towards a no aswell, but I'm willing to try it out and see what happens if other members vote yes. At the moment I'm getting the impression that members don't want this change. Maybe we should have a poll to decide this.

If I'm going to say one kind thing about cobrands, it appears that they are not gone after a few months which is the case with many other free hosts.

Honestly I would like to see ALL free resellers disallowed here. When I say this, I do not mean a host offering a free reseller to someone, but rather I would not want the recipient of the free reseller to be allowed to post offers and whatnot.

wswd pretty much stated it, if you cannot afford to pay for a reseller, then you shouldn't be offering.

Honestly I would like to see ALL free resellers disallowed here. When I say this, I do not mean a host offering a free reseller to someone, but rather I would not want the recipient of the free reseller to be allowed to post offers and whatnot.

wswd pretty much stated it, if you cannot afford to pay for a reseller, then you shouldn't be offering.

Well, how you check its paid for and not free?

There is also the problem thjat not everyone is from US/UK/CA
, and payment systems change. Paypal do not work in all countries also.

There is also the problem thjat not everyone is from US/UK/CA
, and payment systems change. Paypal do not work in all countries also.

This argument comes up regularly, and not having PayPal is absolutely no excuse. Most hosts will accept credit cards, cash, check, Western Union, bank transfer, etc. Why everybody from other countries brings up the "no PayPal" argument constantly makes no sense to me. I guess they just want everything for free. Who knows?

Not wanting to send dollars in an envelope from Ubeki beki stan stan if you don't have that much money in the first place makes sense to me. But yes, if you have the money there are many hosts who will be able to accept all kinds of payments. I guess Western Union would make the most sense if you're far away and don't have a credit card.

Then again, I think it's a money problem more than a payment problem.

Not wanting to send dollars in an envelope from Ubeki beki stan stan if you don't have that much money in the first place makes sense to me. But yes, if you have the money there are many hosts who will be able to accept all kinds of payments. I guess Western Union would make the most sense if you're far away and don't have a credit card.

Western Union charges very high fees and has ripped me off in the past even going so far as accusing me of fraud. They are no better than Paypal.

If someone needs to send money internationally, there are always wire transfers via their local bank. Outside of the USA, this is very common. I've even seen some mobile services in South America that only accept account payments via wire transfers through a local bank branch.

Not having the money is another problem entirely, but that shouldn't be an excuse for new providers offering free webhosting using free multilevel resellers.

Just for clarity:

Paid providers no matter how many levels from the end user have every incentive to keep the server running smoothly: recurring direct monthly payments.

A core provider offers a dedicated server for $199 per month to a customer. That provider has $199 per month in reasons to keep the server online.

The server owner installs an alpha master reseller solution and sells 40 alpha master resellers on the server at $20 per month each. That provider has $800 per month in reasons to keep the server online.

Free providers no matter how many levels from the end user do not have the same incentives to keep the server running smoothly. Their only revenue comes from indirect payments via advertising networks or via paid upgrades which users may not be able to afford.

A team can also be formed to check a prespective host. The host would have to state his provider or if he has his own servers. I am sure there are a milllion ways to check is a host is a free reseller.

This would, in theory, increase the quality of hosting a person would receive. I know some people would say that everyone thay has a host has the right to post here. I would like to think that only stable hosts should, or those just starting out that invest actual time and money rather then one that gets sponsored where they have nothing to lose.

Just my 2 cents

Back