• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostalope.com is DOWN?

svkap

Hi, it seems that this free host is offline, I can't login to admin panel by this url: 206.125.169.202:2222 and if I try to signup for a new site I get no activation email.
I also tried to send an email to host admin but I have got no answer.... :confused4

Possibly a brief outage. I show their site as up at least.

Usually they have someone around here, though I haven't seen him on in a while.

Main site is up, but nothing works. If you try to signup for a new site you don't get anything.
My site was hosted on hostalope for several months and now is offline for few days, admin panel is offline too, no answer if I try to contact support site....
I can't backup my site, so what I can do?

Last access for my site was march 1st and till now offline. :devious2:

I saw this on another forum. The admin area and apparently Support have been down for well over a week.

Heh - presuming wswd is right, that's the last "loose end" back from my live-study days. Help the non-techie here - if the "admin area" is down, that means you couldn't log in and update your page, right?

So that hints back to the "cloudflaring" to look like you are up but all the pages that count are down? If I didn't botch all that and look like a twerp, a week outage would have washed out according to my rating scale.

Heh - presuming wswd is right, that's the last "loose end" back from my live-study days. Help the non-techie here - if the "admin area" is down, that means you couldn't log in and update your page, right?

Correct. The area to access DirectAdmin control panel to manage the site was reported down by the guy (and I confirmed it), he has been unable to contact Support (2 weeks now), and new sign-ups are apparently never accepted, no email, no nothing.

Correct. The area to access DirectAdmin control panel to manage the site was reported down by the guy (and I confirmed it), he has been unable to contact Support (2 weeks now), and new sign-ups are apparently never accepted, no email, no nothing.

Not only that but I've been trying to get in touch with Oniscorp for a few weeks now as well over something completely unrelated to his outage, he hasn't been here on FWS since late January and really should get back in touch with people. Not sure what the deal with that is, he was reliably on here for a good long while.

Maybe there you have it. He got rolling about spring last year, so just under a year... meanwhile except for the recent blip of IsMyWebsite, my study winners are just passing the 2.5 year mark soon.

I am more concern about his safety.
Coz even if he decide to close down the host, he will still answer his online friend's msg in IM.
And since he did not online at all, I'm afraid something might had happened to him.

Main site says "We'll be back in May/June!"

I hope my site was not lost......

Well that's certainly embarrassing for Hostalope.

Hope your site was not lost?? I'd take your backup and be gone to a new host long before now. Why would you ever wait for them to maybe come back in May or June?

Hope your site was not lost?? I'd take your backup and be gone to a new host long before now. Why would you ever wait for them to maybe come back in May or June?

Karma comes full circle, hmm? I remember the first time around, he played it high and mighty. If he come back here in June, it will be a tough sell. However, since I no longer have any emotional investment actively running my project, his story is complete with this "down for months" announcement, so I no longer care what he does later.

I can't do a backup because I can't go to admin panel, 206.125.169.202:2222 is offline... I can do nothing till may/june.....

I can't do a backup because I can't go to admin panel, 206.125.169.202:2222 is offline... I can do nothing till may/june.....

But where are your master files? I develop all my stuff locally then push it out to the host. So I have near-perfect backups not counting when I mismatch a version of something.

Assuming that he actually does come back up on schedule, and that he still has all of your stuff when he does.

Because a lot of times in situations like this they never actually come back, or when they do their servers are wiped clean with no attempt having been made at providing backups.

He is a little better than a lot of providers who do this kind of thing just from talking to him here, but this still doesn't look good at all.

But where are your master files? I develop all my stuff locally then push it out to the host. So I have near-perfect backups not counting when I mismatch a version of something.
On hostalope I put a phpbb3 forum, but I don't have a database backup, I forgot to backup it before hostalope was down, so that I can't rebuild my forum without a database backup.

Well, you could rebuild it, either on his server or on any other by just reinstalling PHPBB3 and setting it up the same way.

But all of the posts that were made on it would be lost unless the database could be recovered. I'd try contacting him and see if at least that much is intact, although he's yet to answer me on here over a matter pertaining to a client that uses both of our services it's still worth a shot.

Back