• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host doesn't responds.

sander k

NLC
Hello all,

Currently my personal webhost doesn't responds to my support requests at all.
I have sent him 2 emails allready with no reaction.

What should I do?

If you have contacted your web host via email, there may not be many options available. I'm sure you would have called them already if they had a phone number. As well as a support desk, etc.

How long has it been with no response?

Sometimes smaller hosts work other jobs to support themselves and take a few hours to answer. Though if you go more than a day or two without a response it can't mean good news.

How long has it been? If anything more than a few hours, that's not good.

It took him about 36 hours to reply.
He did reply now tho and he is installing GD Libery now.

are you sure he owns the server ??

looks like a reseller of a reseller to me.

as no host takes 3 days for any php extension installation.

36 hours is only a day and a half- although longer than it should take it's not impossible if it's a part timer who has other projects in the works too.

Still embarrassing for a host to have someone post on a forum that their support tickets are taking too long to answer. I hope everything is alright over there and that if their responses aren't getting through for whatever reason they notice quickly. Going too long without a reply makes people assume the worst.

Last edited:
I think the issue is you submitted a email when you should have submitted a ticket or called him. While it's true the host should have answered the email sooner, depending on how many of his clients actually use email as the support method it's entirely possible he only checks it once every two to five days.

are you sure he owns the server ??

looks like a reseller of a reseller to me.

as no host takes 3 days for any php extension installation.

No I am not sure, but I don't think its a reseller of a reseller.

36 hours is only a day and a half- although longer than it should take it's not impossible if it's a part timer who has other projects in the works too.

Still embarrassing for a host to have someone post on a forum that their support tickets are taking too long to answer. I hope everything is alright over there and that if their responses aren't getting through for whatever reason they notice quickly. Going too long without a reply makes people assume the worst.

It is, but it should be fixed now.

I think the issue is you submitted a email when you should have submitted a ticket or called him. While it's true the host should have answered the email sooner, depending on how many of his clients actually use email as the support method it's entirely possible he only checks it once every two to five days.

They don't have a ticket center or billing center or something like that.
The only way to get in touch with them is through email, it also helped that he noticed my call out here ;)

Honestly, I would never trust a "company" who can't afford the $10/mo. for billing software. Reminds me of VolumeDrive who has god awful service, and won't bother running billing software. With just email support, I'm guessing this host does not have a Support Department of any kind, or any staff members, and is rather just a one man show. Nothing wrong with that, except when it takes the owner days to respond to emails.

really 5$ for 5GB space ??

What's wrong with the price? At least we can assume the disk space isn't oversold. The price doesn't mean anything, if it's quality service. I've had important business users pay me 10 or 20 times (or more) that price for 5GB of disk space. They also needed darn close to 100% uptime, needed to be able to reach me by phone 24/7, etc.

At that price it had better be real resources. Otherwise I should raise my prices- because mine area all real resource.

I have noticed lately that some hosts aren't using the normal billing packages because of the plethora of known security problems they have, and in a few cases hosts have even undertaken to write their own systems from scratch to have exactly the capabilities they are looking for. Perhaps the host in question is one of these, and just plain hasn't finished writing it yet or hasn't uploaded the latest developments to the live server.

It may not be a horrible thing, perhaps they just are so small that they haven't run into problems like this before and realized why so many hosts use a support ticket system instead of just going by email.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with paying $5 a month, I think thats pretty fair... if the support is any good.
And yes I think its a one man show and I know he has an other job as well.

If your timezone is different to your host's that can contribute to the delayed responses of tickets & emails. Also if your dealing with a smaller scaled web hosting company you'll probably find that they are busy assisting others.

Taking those factors into consideration you should generally expect to receive a reply within 24 hours.

I noticed someone in this topic mentioned that anymore then a few hours is unacceptable for the answering of support tickets, yes that maybe the case if the host a person is dealing with operates on an international basis & has multiple employees. From personal experience unless the issue is of great significance and a company is operational in it's office and is not closed, support tickets are answered in under 5 hours if not 24-48 hours.

If you suspect that the support team are ignoring your query why not give them a call?

Good Luck!

Back