• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best picture gallery software

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
Okay, I have these options available to me via hostgator.com

I am wanting to create a photo gallery to post pictures of work I do, and stuff I tear apart.

Can anyone give me some reviews and let me know which one is the best.

Just want a simple photo gallery, that can provide description and a decent image that I upload.

• 4images
  • Coppermine
  • Gallery
  • Piwigo
  • Pixelpost
  • Zenphoto

Haven't used all of them, but have had very good luck with Coppermine.

Coppermine has been good in the past, but be careful with your chmods because it also has a history of XSS type exploits. I know I had the fun task of disinfecting one once because of that.

No idea what they did as far as the site is concerned, but yes, that's the software they're using.

Can anyone tell me how I can merge the menalty photo gallery software into my existing website?

Meaning the headers, links, etc will all be the same?

Unfortunately, there is no where for me to grab html code and simply paste it in. I use basekit for my site, and they don't list pages in FTP like header.php, footer.php etc.

I just want the software look more like the website, and I figured that was the best way to do it, but I nothing on Google is really helping me right now.

I am trying to update the software "gallery". I was following the instructions, but since I used "quickinstall" from hostgator, I dont know the passwords to the mysql accounts.

So, I did as the online tech suggested and create a new user and database. Unfortunately, that backfired more than did any good.

Is there a way to find out what the password for the user of the database is?

Sure,

You can open your database in phpmyadmin and check for the table which is storing the user data. Open it and modify the actual user password using the md5 option. So, you can set new password for your existing user and use the same user for your script.

Sure,

You can open your database in phpmyadmin and check for the table which is storing the user data. Open it and modify the actual user password using the md5 option. So, you can set new password for your existing user and use the same user for your script.

I was able to get it done.

Their way of upgrading, is definitely NOT recommended by me in the slightest. The easiest way to do it, is overwrite the old files with the new, and then run the url updater.

The way they walked you through it, messed it all up lol.

Back