• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Web Hosting/Domain Name: Newbie

Hi, I guess you can probably tell my title that I'm new... I'm looking for, well, free everything I guess... I just want to play around with Adobe Dreamweaver and be able to have it hosted online. Any appropriate domain name would be greatly appreciated... Does anybody here even offer that? I'm not exactly sure about anything right now... All I know is that I'd love to have my own little sandbox to play around with Adobe Dreamweaver and be able to see my creations operate well enough... I'm not sure on the specifications though... Would you guys have any suggestions on how much of everything do I need to be able to, well, play around I guess... Thank you so much, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help!

The best way to "play around" is install a virtual machine on your own computer, and put linux, PHP, etc., on it and test that way.

If you really want it hosted elsewhere, there are a lot of hosts that offer free subdomains, i.e. yourname.theirname.com or you can use a free domain name provider such a Freenom (http://www.freenom.com) to get a free domain.

If all you're doing is playing, your resource requirements are going to be very limited. You really shouldn't require much disk space or bandwidth/transfer at all. Just about any host in the offer section should fit the bill: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/index.php?forums/free-web-hosting-offers.32/

My host irelandgoweb dosen't support dreamweaver on free hosting i just wanted to say that before you sign-up. like wswd said a virtual machine. the best software is xen for this.

If you want to get a domain name for free then you can can get it easily. There are some domain registration site that provides registration for free. Just you need to signup on those sites and then you can design your website.

Back