• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Trying to install device drivers for USB wifi connector on desktop

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
My daughter got a desktop pc from her school as part of some program. The computer itself is pretty decent.

However, it does not have a wireless card already built in to the desktop, so I went online. I couldn't really find anything, but a USB Connector for wifi.

I figured it would come with a CD or something to install, or have the drivers for it automatically loaded onto the device, but no.

I have tried unsucessfully at downloaded and installing potential drivers for it using a USB Plugin Thumbdrive.

I know the device works, because I plugged it into my laptop, and it took over the wifi connection, and I was able to surf the net, as quickly as I can when I am using my laptops built in wifi connector.

Basically I need to know how I can get drivers installed to the desktop that will actually work for it.

Here is the info I know on the device.

Realtek RTL8188ETV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

Back