• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is twitter good for SEO?

SmartMoneyFinan

I have heard that Google counts links from social sites like twitter. When I tweet about a page on my site and link to it can it increase my rankings in the searchengines like Google>Does anyone have experience with this?

As of my knowledge Twitter, like numerous other social networking sites help to drive good traffic through tweets and retweets. Twitter helps to increase the visibility of your website in search engines.

Yeah, that is true and I agree with it, using the social media you can increase the traffic to your website this is for promoting the goods of your content but not just twitter but you can use other social media accounts.

There are two types of backlinks .. do-follow and no-follow links; almost every one believe that the do follow links are very important for SEO. However, when it comes to no-follow, some people believe that they are waste of time .. while others believe that they are very important as well but in a different way .. Google said ‘In general, we don’t follow them’ .. This might not apply for Yahoo for example

Twitter and other social media provide no-follow backlinks .. However, it is difficult to ignore the power of social media in our society .. for example, with social media you can get more traffic to your site than what you might get from the search engines ..

In addition, the links to your site should have a natural pattern which include both do & no follow links. So whether they will improve the search engine ranking or not you should not ignore their great values

Twitter is a good thing to get quick traffic but it doesn't make impact on your SERP so in terms of SEO the answer is "not good"

Offcourse it's good! Any social networking websites help to drive traffic to your website through extensive promotion.

Back