• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. P

Cheap VPS needed

As I said, it's very easy to get a host, because no lucrative copying is legal in Spain. The problem is in finding a cheap reliable host.
  2. P

Cheap VPS needed

just wanted to make clear that there will be no copyrighted material hosted on the server. It's a forum where users post links. Most shared hosting companys don't care about it, because it's just linking from within a forum, and everyone knows that you can't control users post. The primary...
  3. P

Cheap VPS needed

I'm looking for a cheap VPS. It will only be hosting a forum (phpBB 3) and will be an imagehost for like 100 JPEG images < 200KB published on 20 sites. Some of the images are adult-cartoons. The forum contains links to megaupload content, some of it may have copyright. I'm looking for: 1 GB...
  4. P

VPS - cheap - UK / Spain preferable

I'm looking for a cheap VPS. I want it to have low access time. (My current has 0.007s from London - but is hosted in Spain) I have very low requierementes: 1 GB space (althought a little more would be nice) 10 GB Transfer It should not have any downtime. That is less than have an hour a...
  5. P

VPS only 1 IP - how to configure?

@Decker: Thanks for the explanation. @Prontohost. Actually I don't care if someone can identify my host. I'm not a reseller. But thanks for the explanation, that's more or less what I thought.
  6. P

Actually, I'm open for any offer, because it isn't my host yet. If I can use 2 shared ns IPs, then whatfor is the IP they give me? email, ftp? or something else?
  7. P

budget low, requierements almost none :) Seriously, I just need a small space to develop some basic websites. Two of the domains, I will just run to develop and sell the names/sites. Other one is for contracting a party (like striptease, and business parties) - it's a small company probably...
  8. P

I'm considering getting a VPS and have seen a cheap and good one, but it only has 1 IP. I'm going to host several sites (all mine, no reseller) on this vps. My question is: how do you configure a vps with only 1 IP? They told me the ip will be shared by all my sites. So I guess it will be...
  9. P

VPS/dedicated for web hosting company

Right now I'm trying to install ImageMagick on the RedHat VPS. To what folder I should upload the file?
  10. P

Thanks for explaining.
  11. P

Thanks a lot. What if the user has a dynamic IP address? Why exactly is it a security risk? The only thing I can imagine is that someone can send lots of requests, but he could do the same using a on-server php-script.
  12. P

Thanks I'm downloading it right now. How can I allow remote access to a MySQL database?
  13. P

Right now I'm trying a VPS with Plesk. First impressions about the VPS is that FTP has never been that fast. Most things are quite intuitive. Seems to be easy to setup and configure everything. One thing I can't figure out, how do you connect using SSH? When trying to conect with telnet I get...
  14. P

Reseller req. - unlimited domain hosting <$20

First point of security, of course, is a quality hardware firewall. After that the basic stuff, and everything I forget I'm sure I'll learn the hard way. I would be using an LMDS (to fiber) conexion, but probably latency will still be high. I guess 1&1 have "their" database servers in the same...
  15. P

Thanks, and how about Plesk and DirectAdmin, will those do so as well?
  16. P

Thanks for responding. So I have to install manuall PHP and GD-library? If I remember well MySQL control is from within the control panel right? or do I have to install something first?
  17. P

Thanks for explaining all this. Never heard of Arin registration. BTW I will have the diesel generator, and most of power should come from solar panels, so that wouldn't be a problem. I read some time ago somewhere on the internet that you can host your own site at home by just installing IIS...
  18. P

I know that's what they say, but it's a fact that something more expensive isn't necesary better. Also I really don't know why everyone says that data transfer is expensive, because over here you only pay for bandwidth not transfer (so you pay to have 1, 10 or 100Mbps but not for the amount of...
  19. P

Thank you very much for the links. I'll take a look at them. The problem with a reseller account is that 1) you don't learn anything about the tecnical stuff (I know how to run a business, and I do have tecnical knowledge of a PC, because I'm a system-integrator and software-engineer). 2) you...
  20. P

I'm interested in getting a VPS or dedicated, to start a hosting company. Probably I'll be using Linux. I would like to know, what do I have to configure to be able to sell hosting space? (limit space/transfer) Most include Plesk, CPanel, Ensim or "simple control panel". Do all of them allow to...
Back