• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Y

HTML image elements mysteriously disappearing?

Please see here, scroll down to Product Gallery and there should be several large dress images but they are not displaying at all. When I check the HTML code and they are all there and the images are all correctly showing up if I access them directly in the browser. However, when I use Firebug...
  2. Y

WordPress force HTTPS and change all HTTP links to HTTPS?

I just installed SSL on one of my sites. While it's working well on the main site, it's not on the wordpress blog here. I have added this snippet in .htaccess of the blog: RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on RewriteRule ^ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301] But it's still not fully secure with...
  3. Y

Global Movies Database, 28 Genres, 291,473 Titles, 287 Languages & 1.6 Million Images

This is a very large, highly structured and complete global movies database that comes with 20 inter-related tables / data entities. World Movies Database (1st edition, updated Dec. 19th, 2014 ) 1. Data size: 1.5 GB 2. Images size: 65.9 GB 3. Characters: 129,080 (i.e. roles in movies, and...
  4. Y

Country Information Database w/ Flags & Currency Images

General Information ====================================== Database Title: World Flags, Currency Images of 196 Countries Database URL: http://www.UsableDatabases.com/database/world-flags-currency-images-of-countries/ Database Price: $125.00 Samples or Demo: Samples Download Size: 0.23 MB...
  5. Y

Google Adsense reveal revenue share!

Google is more generous than I thought they are. When I started my adsense account back in 2006, my guess was that they would cut and give me 50% of the revenues they receive from advertisers. 68%. Not bad.
  6. Y

Best software for web designing?

For design or web design, probably Photoshop and Illustrator or Fireworks. But for coding the design into actual web pages / layout in HTML and CSS, I use Dreamweaver and MS Expression Web.
  7. Y

RSS Feed?

It's plain text. It's XML. It's a kind of information exchange format for content syndication that's free of presentation. It's aggregated from one or more websites.
  8. Y

Cloud computing

Some of my sites was hosted with rackspace cloud servers (unmanaged vps cloud plan) for a brief month and it's fabulous. I have only good things to say about them. From what I saw, no downtime and the server response has always been top notch. They have also got a 24 / 7 live chat support in...
  9. Y

[WTS] New Database Releases (May 27th, 2010) - ScrapingWeb.com

Scraping Web is honored to have you reading this thread and pleased to announce the release of 3 new databases on May 27th, 2010. Name: English Rhyming Dictionary Description: A rhymes dictionary database that contains the rhyming words of any given English word - over 70k of them. Size...
  10. Y

My free online web forms builder

Form Kid: http://www.formkid.com/ Spent 3 weeks building this app that helps you create and manage online forms. You can create contact forms, survey forms, data entry forms and invitation forms or whatever you may think of. It's extremely versatile. Check out a contact form I created for my...
  11. Y

[WTS] Content Database Sales & Coupons of March, 2010 - ScrapingWeb.com

After scouring through the database warehouse of Scraping Web, I have come across several databases that haven’t been sold a copy yet. Here’s a bunch of coupons to make some real deals off these databases for you. Note that each coupon can only be claimed ONCE and after someone uses it, it’s...
  12. Y

Can't get rid of the scroll bar in Chrome

I have this post: http://www.kavoir.com/2009/01/web-hosting-mosso-discount-coupon-code-control-panel-demo-email-demo.html I tried everything I could but the right scrolling bar of the post content div simply refuses to go away. The problem is specifically on Google Chrome. Any idea what is...
  13. Y

Need to know what you don't like about famous-logos.com

I'm throwing a new theme / design to my logos inspiration site: Famous Logos, and I need your opinions regarding things you don't like. I intend the design to be rather simple and narrow so it's easy for the visitors to focus on the important part. The navigation should be easy and browsing...
  14. Y

Need Cloud Host

Rackspace cloud isn't that fancy at all. It's constantly experiencing hard times, especially in the past half year. See these reviews: http://www.rackspacecloudreview.com I don't know if that's expensive for you but they have an unmanaged cloud vps plan Cloud Servers at just $10 / month.
  15. Y

Review the design of my website please

Simple and straightforward, I like that. From a marketing point of view, if you could include more materials for you to look more trustworthy, that'd make a great web host site.
  16. Y

Dropped from google

Add it in the webmaster central of Google and there will probably be reasons why your site is dropped from the index of Google. Maybe you have purchased or sold links? Maybe just enough backlinks.
  17. Y

Google Adsense support email

Keep in mind that there are perhaps nearly a million adsense users out there, it's pretty hard to respond to every inquiry by them.
  18. Y

Which SEO Tool You Are Using?

I use google adwords keyword tool, google trends and google adwords traffic estimator.
  19. Y

Email verification effectiveness?

I usually make some of the form parts only accessible by human interactions such as cursor focus. Perhaps combine it with some javascript, It has been working pretty well.
Back