• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. S

Which web browser do you use?

Wot? A poll without ELinks? Hello?! Seriously! :sheep:
  2. S

Time to rebuild my host spread

Thanks for your link! I checked it out, and I wonder if renewal of the class 1 certificate is free as well? The validity was 1 year according to their web page.
  3. S

What Windows Versions have you used?

On my computers I've had: Windows 3.11 (+Dos 6.22 obviously) Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows 2000 Windows XP I've used Vista, but never had it on a computer... Hmm... I don't think I've ever used Windows 7. But that doesn't have to be a negative thing...
  4. S

Is anyone still using anything below Windows XP?

A couple of months ago I removed windows 98 from a computer that my brother had been using. The problem was that the specs of the computer were so low that it was nearly useless anyway. (64 mb RAM, 6 GB HDD) I installed an old version of Ubuntu Server on it and used it for a while as a...
  5. S

Free versus paid web hosting

There is one alternative to free and paid hosting that haven't been mentioned yet... Today I spoke with my brother and he promised I'd get his old computer as a server (2GB ram, not too old processor, etc), so I guess I could set it up from home as a server. (I think our IP is dynamic, and I...
  6. S

Who loves windows 7?

To be honest, I haven't even used windows 7. I do have a copy of XP running in VirtualBox, but otherwise my computers are pretty devoid of Microsoft stuff.
  7. S

Is that possible to change partition size in XP without losing data?

With Windows you should always run a defrag before you attempt to resize your partition in order to avoid loss of data. (And do a backup too...) Good luck!
  8. S

Anti virus for server?

Have anyone here *ever* had viruses on their servers? I mean, since most web-servers are running Linux anyway... Is it used primarily for scanning stuff that your clients upload?
  9. S

Thanks for answering! I've done a little research, and it seems as if this practice of inline linking is ethical discussable in many ways. Not all image hosts are happy for this practise. It is also called piggybacking and bandwidth theft...
  10. S

Okay... I suppose I'll be fine then, at least for a while. ;) When it comes to images, isn't it possible to upload images on imageshack or something, and embed a link to them in the html? --- I'm curious, and luckily I've got the time to do some research before I sign up with anyone...
  11. S

List of cheap domain registrars

Thanks! Internet.bs seemed interesting...
  12. S

I'm in contact with the guy, and I can attest that he gets back to you quite soon. (Which seems promising).
  13. S

Yes, true, e-pubs are tiny, but I though of having PDFs as well, which are bigger. But then again, I've never had a website before, so I have absolutely no idea how much bandwidth my site is going to draw. My fear is just that at one point I'll get Slashdotted, exceed the limit, and be...
  14. S

I guess sticking with one provider for both hosting and DNS would be most convenient if you had a paid plan, but if you're going for a free-webhost I guess you would have to get your own domain anyway. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems as if going with an external domain registrar gives you more...
  15. S

Best software for header creation

Huh? I feel humiliated. Have I been giving advice to a machine? I guess scripts are getting really advanced these days... I knew about spambots, but can they really reply to threads and stuff? :confused:
  16. S

Noob at Webrelated stuff

Cheers. I'm glad I found this place :p
  17. S

Noob at Webrelated stuff

Hi! I'd like to introduce myself. I'm male, 30 yrs old, and I'm interested in nature, literature, computers, the media and the internet. I'm planning to create my first website in the near future where I'll post articles and such. Actually I'm a graphic designer new to webdesign, who's...
  18. S

Best software for header creation

I see this thread was created some time ago? Have you managed to make a header yet? Personally I wouldn't make a flash header. I find flash in websites annoying, and if you use Firefox add-ons such as no-script, they won't be displayed correctly at all. Gimp which was mentioned earlier...
  19. S

List of cheap domain registrars

I'm looking for a cheap domain registrar: I'm new to this, so I need a perfectly reliable registrar. Any suggestions? I need: - ICANN accredited - private whois: - full dns control - Must be able to pay via PayPal - Url/(+mail?) forwarding.
  20. S

DynDNS[dot]com allows you to register a couple of free domains, their service is primarily aimed at giving a static address to people having a home server with dynamic ips... But nevermind, I've had a little discussion with myself over this, and I don't think I'll use a free domain...
Back