• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. B

Hi All, Is it possible to upload an avatar to my scarce threads? Berne
  2. B

Speed News

Hi All, Can anyone show me a table of upload and download speeds of modems and servers, I am a newbie to computing but Id like to know the range of speeds one should be able to reach using different modems and different servers. A special point of interest is what speed I should get using...
  3. B

XP File Menu...?

Hi All, Can anyone tell me how I can set the default submenus list in my XP home edition? More: I open a folder in My Docs, enter the folder, then I want for example to create a new file by right clicking to reveal the submenu file choice, but here some problem has occurred, there are...
  4. B

Free Reg Pro

Hi All, Anyone got a url for a good Free, registry cleaner, one which I can use on my desktop and loads into the CP? regards, Berne...:rolleyes2
  5. B

Secret Domain Test

Hi All, Is it poss to test availability of a domain name with total privacy? I mean if I type in a registrars search field for eg. www.mrsmyth.com, realistically a would be hack could view this right, and possibly have it bought before I get the opportunity too ? There must be some...
  6. B

Ftp Query

Hi All, Im thinking about FTP, in particular its use within a paid hosts context. 1. Is it essential to have a paid FTP client to up download files via my website if they are in excess of say 25mb? 2. Can I conduct file transfer via an imported free FTP programe with just the same...
  7. B

Gen Query

Hi All, Can anyone advise me? I have a 30mb personal site to launch, could it be hosted for free? Could I expect to have it hosted for free without adds? Is the above asking too much, please advise on what I can expect to get. Is there a particular string you could reference on...
  8. B

Keeping Domain

Hi All, What rights do I have if I am with a host who provides me with a free domain name on a paid account, if I wanted to move to another host? Can I bring the domain name with me legally or can the host refuse to release the domain on legal grounds? Can I request that the free domain...
  9. B

Can U Design

Hi All, Id like estimates for putting my website together in a zip, I have 80% of the site in a folder re: icons, text files desired layout ect. Email me if you can assist. Regards, Berne...
  10. B

Last Sweep

Hi All, This is my final request on my step into webland. I need a company who can offer, without concession: Acceptance to allow payment for services via an International Bankers Order made out in US dollars, its accepted by a few majors I know of to save nitpicking on this issue, its...
  11. B

Security of Data

Hi All, Just wondering about our stored server data. What information can I read or learn in regard to which company will give me the best security of my data? Are there three questions I could ask a company that would be a sound indicator that my files are very well cared for...
  12. B

WYSIWYG Company

Hi All, Are there any good recomendations for WYSIWYG webbuilder/webhosting/and filestorage company? Berne...:rolleyes2
  13. B

Entire Package

Hi All, How far off am I with this request? A company to create my three page website free with guidelines? A company to host my website? A company to allow a free domain .com standard? A company to give me 24/7 help, with 7 day backups? A company to also provide me with 5GB...
  14. B

Complete Deal Query

Hi All, How far off the mark am I with this request as a newbie? Company could create and host a three page website ( idea basically provided )? Host this three page website? Free domain .com name? Free 5GB disk filestorage space? 24/7 live/help? Weekly Backup? All with medium to...
  15. B

Bandwidth

Hi All, What is the difference apart from the obvious in 25GB of Bandwidth and 50GB, I mean is this soley realted to the speed of data upload or download, ie from one computer to a server and visa versa? Curious, Berne...:rolleyes2
  16. B

Hosting space

Hi All, As a newbie to perhaps using an online storage facility I would like to know if there is a watchdog type site who can tell me about a companies reputation. Also a few new terms are new to me: ASP 3.0 MS SQL H Sphere Reseller Greatful for any help available. Regards...
  17. B

Watchdog

Hi there, Is there a watchdog site who can quickly respond to a companies hosting reputation, as reliable, excellent, fair or poor? Regards, Berne...:rolleyes2
  18. B

Hosting Intro

Hi All, As a new comer to webhosting can you advise if I want: 5GB Hosting space for a website My own domain name, and is this a one off payment or required annually? What does bandwidth refer to? What is ASP.net? What is ASP 3? What is MS SQL? What is H Sphere? What is Site Studio...
  19. B

Overview Hosting

Hi All, As a newbie to this site I wonder is there a simple link within it that could advise on the best option for an online host, below is my position. 1. I want 5GB of storage space. 2. I want the best security possible, advise $ and free please. 3. What is the best backup policy...
Back