• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone tried FireFox 5 yet?

What about some of the spinoff projects? I stumbled onto Pale Moon because I was tired of FF-natural somehow spending 15 seconds doing cleanup after I closed it, forcing me to keep getting "Firefox is stuck open in a process and can't launch your new copy" errors. Pale Moon is supposedly tightened for Windows, so at least for me it now behaves properly. (Your Mileage / Kilometers May Vary).

My usability factor went up 25% from that alone. Not sure if it actually fixes the "memory leak" proper, but I haven't seen it crash as much either.

Edit: Cometbird is another FF Spinoff, I think with their own attempts to fix some problems. I'll leave it to my betters to evaluate this statement on their website. All I know is that it, too, doesn't need to spend 15 sec cleaning up after closing.

"Improved Memory Management

With all new management functions in place, Cometbird keeps memory usage under control. The XPCOM cycle collector continuously cleans up unused memory. Plus, hundreds of memory leaks are now remedied."

Last edited:
i have tried Firefox and remove because i think old is gold. old version again all firefox beta new versions. no changing extra useless option just changing in styles n version of names.

I agree that Firefox is using more resources as compare to other but as compare to other browsers it also gives so many add-ons to work with. It makes our life more simple and easy.

i have tried Firefox and remove because i think old is gold. old version again all firefox beta new versions. no changing extra useless option just changing in styles n version of names.
I've heard the same thing. The older version of Firefox is better than the new one. So I'm sticking with the older version for now.
:)

From my side difference only in speed of surfing over the web. All the rest is just marketing trick by increasing version number.

Firefox was and is always known for its memory leak problems. It is a great browser so far and the one I am using daily but I can't find any good reason not to move on to chrome..

Even if I like Firefox 6 I think I will.

It seems like Aurora had it memory leak problem fixed.
I'm not sure, but it seems using less memory compare to FF5 when leave it idle for overnight.

Not yet, I guess it will be more better that previous version. I am still waiting for it. Firefox is always a better solution for me in terms of browsers.

Mozilla is more focus on Open Standard, compare to IE, IE just more focus on forcing everyone to follow their own standard.
Which is why, I love Firefox.

Agree. Opensource is more progressive, however this is not the main reason I like FF preferring it to IE. IE is to my mind just a bad browser. Unusable and unstable.

Agree. Opensource is more progressive, however this is not the main reason I like FF preferring it to IE. IE is to my mind just a bad browser. Unusable and unstable.

Actually start from IE8 is not bad already.
But still, when I am using it, I feel uncomfortable.
Perhaps it is the mindset I had since long time ago, that IE is something sucks.

Perhaps it is the mindset I had since long time ago, that IE is something sucks.

Yeah, exactly. You just go with the flow of what people on forums (such as this one) say is the best. "Yeah IE 8 and 9 is better now than it used to be." Yeah that's true, and so is every other browser that has been developed since the early and mid 90s. Back in the day, Netscape Navigator was horrible because it didn't render half the ---- correctly on any pages that I went to. Surprise! Netscape was a Mozilla based browser, just like Firefox. Everybody complained about that and said IE and Opera was better. Nowadays, the rendering speed and security features on IE are comparable to Firefox. So I guess I don't understand why everybody goes around on webmaster forums boasting about Firefox and how it's so much better, but fail to explain exactly why they feel that way. People say it's "faster" but I don't see that either.

Yeah, exactly. You just go with the flow of what people on forums (such as this one) say is the best. "Yeah IE 8 and 9 is better now than it used to be." Yeah that's true, and so is every other browser that has been developed since the early and mid 90s. Back in the day, Netscape Navigator was horrible because it didn't render half the ---- correctly on any pages that I went to. Surprise! Netscape was a Mozilla based browser, just like Firefox. Everybody complained about that and said IE and Opera was better. Nowadays, the rendering speed and security features on IE are comparable to Firefox. So I guess I don't understand why everybody goes around on webmaster forums boasting about Firefox and how it's so much better, but fail to explain exactly why they feel that way. People say it's "faster" but I don't see that either.

Which is what I said, the mindset.
Although IE8 and IE9 had improved much, but still, most people not yet accept IE yet.
Perhaps after a year or 2, people might be able to accept IE back once again, but now, not yet.

Mozilla had also struggle for a long time to be accepted by people when the time where IE6 was ruling.

I am still using Firefox 3.6.
I find it uncomfortable using Firefox 4 and above, and most of my plugins just won't work under Firefox 4 and above.

I must say Firefox is either getting slow by now by competing with other browsers but I prefer Firefox 3. Since 5 is getting a bit of lag.

My Firefox current version is 6.0.1. And it is work as flawless. No system hog at all. Have you tried to uninstall the old one, and then install with latest version?

too many updates

Did any one release fireFOX realizing too many updates for FireFox lately. THay release FireFOX 4 on March 22, 2011 and its already 6.0.1. I don't see much of improvement other than interface changed. If anything i think FireFOX 4 is bit faster.

Back