• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone tried FireFox 5 yet?

Did any one release fireFOX realizing too many updates for FireFox lately. THay release FireFOX 4 on March 22, 2011 and its already 6.0.1. I don't see much of improvement other than interface changed. If anything i think FireFOX 4 is bit faster.

Firefox is now increasing the version number for "marketing" purpose only.
But I have to say, there is much improvements in each of these updates.

Firefox 5 able to load much more faster , but i dislike the upgrade.
Why?
Keep not responding and lag .
Second it unable to support lot of plug in after update .

I like Firefox 6.0 because it has cool tool bars. I also like it because it has the words "fire" and "fox" in it ,which is really cool.

Firefox 5 compared to 3, there is no dramatic difference. Mozilla is following in the footsteps of Google Chrome to be on a "Rapid Release Schedule". This will have more versions of Firefox coming out more closely together. Since they are no spreed out as much, not as many changes are made.

I'm using Firefox 5. Don't know the difference, just my plugins are not working here :))

As it is new upgraded version so plug ins also required with that suitability upgrades. There is information available while downloading plug-in about it's compatibility with the prior version.

Thanks TaoPhoenix, you're right on the mark, we should probably be discussing Firefox 7, so maybe need to start a new thread.

This thread probably needs to be locked.

I was only 20% being snarky - for the next thread put two versions on it, "7-8", because with their 6 week schedule we'll have this same discussion twice in a row. Basically random of my plugins break each release, until the maintainers get around to fixing them. There were rumors this might go away by FF9, but that's not clear.

I was only 20% being snarky - for the next thread put two versions on it, "7-8", because with their 6 week schedule we'll have this same discussion twice in a row. Basically random of my plugins break each release, until the maintainers get around to fixing them. There were rumors this might go away by FF9, but that's not clear.

I think the topic name should be "FF5-Onwards".

Firefox 5

According to my personal experience Firefox 3 is much better than version 5. so, i recommend you to stick with your current version of firefox.

Back