• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Beware!] Phising site

repoman

Hello,

I had a client who had a MySpace Phising site, the domain he used was ebayaus.info.

Just be carefull if he goes with you.

Regards,
Egor Tarabasov

I would recommend downloading and installing Netcraft.com's Anti-Phishing toolbar:
http://toolbar.netcraft.com/

Works excellent for all of those ebay/paypal fake emails etc. Anytime you visit a site that is fake, it will notify you of the site being a known phishing site.

(I hate toolbars myself...but this one is nice because it shows what datacenter sites are in as well as the risk rating/site ranking.)

If you get an email claiming to be from PayPal, hover over the links. You will see that they do not point to PayPal at all.
Just forward the email to spoof@paypal.com

If you did happen to enter your password into that website he might of used your password to get into your paypal account.

So he was impersonating an ebay company, or something?
What exactly did he do?

Phishing is quite scary really.

IF You Receive Mails Starting with "DEAR PayPal USER" its fake. Paypal Mails will always have User Name in Mails :D

Simple way of knowing Paypal Scams :)

Back