1. Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 125.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
  2. Add your web host to our brand new web hosting directory (beta).

Desktop calendar/planner/post-it widget-thing for XP?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LeX, Jul 19, 2010.

1. LeX

LeX ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    NLC

Hey, how do you get one of those widget like apps on your desktop in XP?

I've seen some nice looking widgets on some screen grabs. I never had a need for one though, until now. I seriously need some sort of organizer on my desktop so that I can write little appointment notes and alerts and stuff like that right on the screen and accessible whenever I cut to the desktop.

Any recommended software that can do this? For use at the office, so pirating is out of the question :p I need it to be free.
    An extra cookie if it manages to be light on resources.

Thanks.

#1 LeX, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. WL-Michael

WL-Michael -Team WebLyte-
    NLC

Have you tried RainLendar yet? It's what I've always used. It also can sync with Google Calendar which then will sync with my Android phone AND give me alerts and reminders.

RainLendar has a free version and is very light on resources as well. Check it out.

3. Matt8

Matt8 All? No, ALL!
    NLC

Google Desktop can do similar things if you don't like the looks of rainlender.

4. Ben

Ben NLC
    NLC

5. LeX

LeX ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    NLC

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Tried all three, but I eventually found and went with Desktop iCalendar Lite, it works just how I imagined it to.