• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do webhosts use anything else besides Cpanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archbob

Level 8 Chinese Guy
NLC
Every webhost I had seen uses cpanel 4.0 or something like it, does any webhost not use cpanel?

Ive seen a couple using their own Control Panel.

IE:

"WwwHost Control Panel"

Then they just get hacked and shut down.

I think most use CPanel for its security.

Quite a few hosts use Plesk an some use Ensim, but in my opinion, CPanel is the best.

Well, we are using hsphere. It costs a bit more, but well worth it. We dumped cpanel like a hot potatoe. What people dont realize is cpanel is extremely insecure. When we tried to secure up the system when using cpanel, it went haywire and fried the system. Hsphere however, is built with the security we use already in it....and it offers tons more to both us on administration and clients on the end user panel. It makes cpanel look like a child's playtoy..

Hpspear is the worst.

As for cPanel people/customers feel familar with it + its easy ot do transfers from other hosts so most hosts like it. I perfer Direct Admin my self. However I use whta the clients perfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back