• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dreamhost and Hostgator Coupons??? Confusing!!!

Fahad_1

I have been looking for web hosting over the internet for a couple of weeks. Later I found that dreamhost and hostgator seems to be the most reliable for resellers.

But i am too confused because of their numerous coupon codes.

Can anyone help me with which one to use. And are they safe to use?

What is this cuopon code used for? just for reducing the amout of payment?

Fahad
http://www.jyper.com/site/index.php

Well, I certainly would not even go near Dreamhost resellers. HostGator are a very good host though, if you have a coupon you should definitely use it.

They are safe to use and they will usually give you a discount on monthly payments or give you extra space/bandwidth.

9/10 people will say Hostgator is better and they are indeed correct. Dreamhost are only good if your website consists of a few static html pages, as soon as your website gets popular they will shut it down.

Yellowmc said:
9/10 people will say Hostgator is better and they are indeed correct. Dreamhost are only good if your website consists of a few static html pages, as soon as your website gets popular they will shut it down.
Im one of the 9 out of ten. Hostgator is by far the better service.

Hostgator is one of the better reseller hosting providers out there. You may also want to check out Hostfrog as well.

Just keep in mind that if you do go with a large host like Hostgator or Dreamhost, you'll be just a number to them.

I disagree, I know people who have been with hosted with Hostgator for a long time and are very pleased with it, everytime they need support, they get it.

hostgator does seem to run a nice tight ship over there from what I have seen. The often visit webhostingtalk.com and have nice things to say and they handle problems well. Dreamhost gets hammered over there all the time for being crummy

But i am too confused because of their numerous coupon codes.
There are Dreamhost coupons out there that give you $97 off. I'm not sure if they're still working, but 777, 888 and MAXIMUM are some that I think did that.

Hostgator used to have "$25 off" coupons, but they've all been changed to $9.94 off.
9/10 people will say Hostgator is better and they are indeed correct.
I can't say that Hostgator is better, because I've never used DH so I can't compare them, but I can say that based on my experience HG is indeed a good host.

If you're not sure which coupon to use for Hostgator (which I am assuming you will be using since most people here strongly recommend them), then find which package you want to buy from them and then compare the discounts each coupon will give you. If you are not sure how to do this, just post the coupons here and I or another good member will tell you which one is best to use.

I am with Dreamhost now about 2 weeks no problem still. One down time and they even made a notice for that in my control panel and stats page.
But the problem is they only allow one ftp account to one website. i mean you can create many sites with them with many usernames but each one will get only 1 ftp for each. Some advance features there which not some with CPanel but some of the features that Cpanel have is missing too.
Overall really good deal for what you pay for.

Back