• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

For decker ( and anyone else with massive resource usages soley because of one user )

That doesn't work so well johnny, decker has that installed and I messed with it a little, it's not really usable for full on applications and in my opinion is a huge waste of resources in itself. Mono is a great project, but the facts are that asp.net/C# is closed source so they'll never be able to emulate it properly .... probably in a few years time they will have studied it so much that it will be usable, but right now, not so much .... if you wanna learn/offer asp.net hosting, then get a windows box ( it shames me to say ) ....

OK, well I installed mono, but to get the ASP installed it was some other things stringed onto it. They reported dependencies which reported the dependencies of which I'm trying to install if your with me :p
I'll get onto your project now.

PHP:
<?php
echo "<pre>";
print_r( get_loaded_extensions( ) );
echo "</pre>";
?>

PS. When you add new extensions to php.ini you have to httpd restart

Last edited:
show me the output from the make and make install command .... and also, try ...

PHP:
<?php
dl("loadavg.so");
echo "<pre>";
print_r( get_loaded_extensions( ) );
echo "</pre>";
?>

pm me with an ftp login for that server so I can have a look please ... the only thing I can think of is that you have put a ; infront of the extension line by accident ...

With Joe on this one Jonny, he has a 'privilaged spot' on a server and adding mono sent resouce usage up by about 1% on one CPU with no activity on it, not a problem as it's a well heavy resourced server to start with.

It is a great project but a PITA, and I'm confused as to why you should have to make any changes other than the standard install?

Honestly get a window box (get it Windows Box :D ) asp/net is MS orientated so far, I'm bloody impressed at Joe getting anything to work under it on a *nix box to be honest :)

Still no luck with loadavg johnny ?? 10 people installed it in the last 24 hours so I know it's not the code ... it even compiles for php6 ( that's what I tested it with ) ...

I stuck it in the php.ini location and no worries, you could try that rather than paths.

you should never include a path in an extension= directive, php automatically knows the location to load libraries from using the Zend API number and the --prefix= from ./configure when php is built ...

you should never include a path in an extension= directive, php automatically knows the location to load libraries from using the Zend API number and the --prefix= from ./configure when php is built ...
Long way of saying if the locate db is up to date it can find it :lol:

Your are getting too pro Joe, it's wearing off an the skills are escaping...

actually, no ... it's got nothing to do with the file database, php knows becuase library paths are hardcoded, every version of php has a different zend api number, together with the hardcoded library paths made by configure it can work out which directory to load modules from ... this allows you to have more than one version of php, plus you're not required to name extensions with the php_ convention, so it keeps php from confusing it's modules from say lighttpd, or apache modules ...

what do you mean it worries you ?? it looks right to me .... does loadavg show in get_loaded_extensions( ) array ?

Back