• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hosting for excel file

eran185

Hi
I have an excel file with some macro's.

What i need ?
I want to run this file every day for 2 months .
I dont want to run this file from my computer (it takes 3-4 hours) , I need to run the file from a hosting site or web site (like a cloud).

Thanks in advance.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is going to let you monopolize the CPU on their server for that long (albeit it would take much less time on a server/cloud-based platform)...particularly for free. Your CPU usage is going to be restricted.

Secondly, you would have to find someone with a Windows server or Windows cloud (don't really know of any), with Excel already installed. Most servers and/or server platforms are not going to have Office installed. There's no reason to...just no reason for the expense. Perhaps OpenOffice could work, but does that run the macros? I have no clue.

Perhaps we could all brainstorm here and try to figure something out, but I think you might be out of luck. Anyone?

Back