1. Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 125.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Add your web host to our brand new web hosting directory (beta).
    Dismiss Notice

hosting for excel file

Discussion in 'Free web hosting requests' started by eran185, Apr 9, 2012.

1. eran185

Expand Collapse

Apr 9, 2012

What i need ?
    I want to run this file every day for 2 months .
    I dont want to run this file from my computer (it takes 3-4 hours) , I need to run the file from a hosting site or web site (like a cloud).

Thanks in advance.
  2. wswd

Expand Collapse
    Premium Member NLC

Dec 9, 2010
    Honestly, I don't think anyone is going to let you monopolize the CPU on their server for that long (albeit it would take much less time on a server/cloud-based platform)...particularly for free. Your CPU usage is going to be restricted.

Secondly, you would have to find someone with a Windows server or Windows cloud (don't really know of any), with Excel already installed. Most servers and/or server platforms are not going to have Office installed. There's no reason to...just no reason for the expense. Perhaps OpenOffice could work, but does that run the macros? I have no clue.

Perhaps we could all brainstorm here and try to figure something out, but I think you might be out of luck. Anyone?