• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

is bravenet.com a good website resource?

ian

Hi all,

I joined bravenet.com to add some free programs to my website (like form mailer) but I'm using the librarys internet and it seems their firewall has blocked bravenet. Does anyone know of a good free site with website tools?

The only reason I'm looking for one is when I switched free hosts form mailer wouldn't work on my new host (free)

Thank you for any help.

Ian

Maybe your free host doesn't allow php? Who are you hosted by?

Also for free scripts/tools give hotscripts.com a search, see what they have. Beavenet.com has always been pathetic in my eyes, advertising massively on their site and branding every single little thing, even images you upload to their site for use in scripts they make, has their branding on (or at least it did when I used them).

My best advice is, learn, and make them yourself!

my host is fnix.ws I thought the form mail script was installed and worked on any server. I thought I made the form right but it gave an internal server error.

my host is fnix.ws I thought the form mail script was installed and worked on any server. I thought I made the form right but it gave an internal server error.

Make a PHP file and add the following code to it;

PHP:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Then post it here.

That will allow us to see what PHP is configured with.

Also, check to make sure that your PHP file is CHMOD 655, 755, or 777 (Make sure that everyone can read and execute.

Thank you, I will try to get it working when I'm on-line again. Are you the owner of fnix?

Yes.

I used Ians form to contact him via his site.
He replied to the mail the form generated, so to me, its working just fine.

Hi all,

I joined bravenet.com to add some free programs to my website (like form mailer) but I'm using the librarys internet and it seems their firewall has blocked bravenet. Does anyone know of a good free site with website tools?

The only reason I'm looking for one is when I switched free hosts form mailer wouldn't work on my new host (free)

Thank you for any help.

Ian

Using a proxy normally solves this issue.

i used bravenet back when i was younger. in my own opinoin bravenet is a good resource for some graphics but the free tools are heavilly advertised on and will make your own site look small time. part of the process to creating traffic is a clean, consistent design which is not littered with adverts like the ones bravenet force on its users.

when I used bravenet their password protect facility was terrible and never worked!

my advice - use bravenet as a resource for images and ideas on things to put in your site - don't use their tools on a permanant basis

Back