• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Liquidweb?

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Anyone here tried Liquidweb? Any similar big hosting companies with a good reputation at that price range offering fully managed server, that you've tried or heard good things about?

(Don't post your own offers to this thread please)

I've tried them in the past for a VPS, but that was many year ago. They have a very solid reputation and very good support from what I remember. I wish I had more recommendations for you but since then I went colo and dealt with all of my own hardware.

Never used them. Do their prices include full management? If not, they are VERY expensive.

Liquidweb are rock solid and managed, but you do have to add a CP. You can pick up some good offers at WHT.

Why are you replying here? This thread is 2 months old!

In case you missed it, he's replying to just about every thread he can, to raise his post count. They're all the nice little one sentence replies that don't add anything to the discussion.

In case you missed it, he's replying to just about every thread he can, to raise his post count. They're all the nice little one sentence replies that don't add anything to the discussion.

I guess I did miss that. So, he wants to advertise :D

I pm'd you Peo about hostdime. I know Manny the ceo pretty well i can probably get you a really good deal.

Thanks JJW. Anyone tried HostDime? Thoughts?

Honestly? Have never used them, but they are a big name in the industry. With somebody that big, you are going to get mixed reviews, and that's exactly what you find...some good, some bad.

My first thoughts looking at their servers, is that they charge more than double what anybody else would charge for the same thing. Sure they are managed, but that shouldn't double the cost of the server. It's plain highway robbery as far as I'm concerned. To make matters worse, until you get to the Dual Quad Core servers, you're stuck with 2-4GB of RAM. Want more, you have to pay for it. Their upgrade costs are way overblown too. Looks like they're the Softlayer of managed hosting. ;)

Manny would have to cut his prices in half to even begin to pique my interest.

Trust me the price is right wswd, I got special deals through Manny! I have been with them and they were great.

Like I said, if the price is cut in half, it's probably a fine deal. Aside from that, there are much better options out there.

Thanks JJW.

I would never do that. I also replied. All-in-all, that isn't a bad price, but as I noted, you can get a server that's twice as powerful with 4x's the RAM, and still have a huge chunk of money left over to hire your own management company. Of course, some people like keeping the management with their server company, and don't really care for getting a 3rd party solution. Just depends I guess.

Plus if your managment is done by the datacenter. They have people in house, who can replace drives on a moments notice, can monitor the health of a drive, things of that nature.

Back