• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mechanical pencils are dangerous

tandoc

tandoc tandoc
NLC
make sure never to jab yourself with a mechanical pencil.. my friend got about 1.5cm piece of grphite lodged into his hand.. pretty st00pid.. and dangerous!

I used mechanical pencils since 2 years but nothing happend. It is a good thing for injuring somebody :) :) Just humor....

here's better advice: make sure you don't jab yourself with anything... :rolleyes:

The solution would be to not jab yourself with a pencil-- or with anything, for that matter.

Jan, you have been living on Mars in a cave with your eyes shut and your fingers in your ears. :p A mechanical pencil is like this:

You've got a hollow plastic tube. It doesn't have to be plastic, it can be wood or silver or gold, but it's most often plastic and disposable. Inside it is a spring, a little plastic sword-shaped thing, and a length of graphite just smaller than the pencil itself. Rather than having to sharpen it like you would a regular pencil, when you wear down the point you just twist out a bit more graphite.

There are also mechanical pencils that have no spring or sword but work by means of a series of tiny carriers inside the tube that are operated by a button on top, but I don't like those.

Originally posted by Dusty
Jan, you have been living on Mars in a cave with your eyes shut and your fingers in your ears. :p A mechanical pencil is like this:
Thank you Dusty for your explanation :)

While I was out I made a point of looking for these pencils and I found some! :p

I stabbed myself in the palm with a pencil once (in elementary school), and I still have a grey under-the-skin mark where it happened.

Perhaps the lead/graphite lodged under there and I never took it out :confused: Oh well, I'm not dead yet so I'm not gonna bother (lazy)

argh...

i called it mechinacal pencil becuz i thought that the americans would know what i was talking about.. and then all the aussies [me, etc] are here.. and i thought they would know.. but then i had to call it a pacer.. jeez.. u ppl like to argue over nothing..

yay! let's talk about politics.. i wanna the primi minister some day.. when he actually becomes the head of state too.. or the other one.. i dunno... :cry2:

Back