• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need A Firewall

Riverworld said:
A great hardware firewall solution: if you have an old 386 or higher computer lying around, you could look at www.freesco.org

It's a small unix-based router, yet can be configured to firewall.

Just on stability: about 2-3 years ago, my brother had cable, so he used to run freesco on an old box and I used to dial-in to his network, then go out via his Internet connection, so its really stable. It saved me in the end. I used it after that as a firewall/router, it was great, and could a dial up or ADSL connection alive really well.

There is a great support forum to go with it. It should be able to supply you with almost everything you need in a firewall.

So it's an option ;) Even if you ebay yourself an old computer and run it that way. :cool2:

If you want to setup a computer base firewall , I suggest Ipcop http://www.ipcop.org

Back