• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Query...

Mandrake

NLC
NLC
I was recently testing the OrbitCycle banner rotation service and found it to be slow to the point where it was bogging down my site. Are there any other services that are similar, or would I be better off downloading and experimenting with a CGI script of my own?

Originally posted by NC_TOM
Try the rotator script at http://www.adcycle.com ; I think it's pretty good.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Tom!!!!!! (did I say THANK YOU??? :D)

I've tried every (at least I thought) ad rotator script out there and they all suck for one reason or another. This is easily the BEST I've ever come across. The fact that it uses mySQL is a huge bonus since I'll be using it for a boatload of banner impressions. Just in the nick of time too since I need it for an upcoming project. Yippppeeeeeeee!

LOL! Yes, as a matter of fact I do. I've been playing with it for a while now and it's amazing. Easily the best ad-rotation script out there. You can even do keyword targeting (which I've never even seen before in a free script). You need PHP and mySQL for it but other than that it's pretty straightforward.

Well. I'm glad I made you happy, Ron. :)

Just be THANKful for this today when you're eating your turkey.

*Dear Lord, thank you for Tom and that AdCycle script.. I know I have nothing else worthwhile in my life, but that AdCycle script gives me another reason to wake up tomorrow..*

Just being a smartass.. :)

...and doing a fine job of it. :p

I just see tons of additional revenue possibilities with that script. Like I needed more bloody things to do. Argh! Always more work...never less....never the same amount...always more. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

Back