• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[question about] Hiring.....

Calinax

Hello,

I am not hiring anyone. So, please do not post such requests here.

Well, I have few support techs, they are L1, though I've received applications for L2 and L3 techs as we are growing bigger.

The question is, how can I trust them to give the access to ALL my servers? Is there any method you do?

By giving acces, it means they've access to all the clients etc and they can play with it?

How can you trust someone?

Please advise...

When hiring staff that will have full access and control of your servers it would be wise to collect the following:

1. Valid Photograph ID such as Drivers License, Passport etc
2. Proof of address such as an up to date Utility Bill etc.

That way you will know who they are and where they live so if they do end up messing about with your clients and servers, you can go go personally and kick their sorry asses

You can also use the services of any human resources company and make the profile of the worker you want, they can do that for you...in the end, of course people do not trust each other so who knows :)

Good Luck!
A.

I love this! :beer:

When hiring staff that will have full access and control of your servers it would be wise to collect the following:

1. Valid Photograph ID such as Drivers License, Passport etc
2. Proof of address such as an up to date Utility Bill etc.

That way you will know who they are and where they live so if they do end up messing about with your clients and servers, you can go go personally and kick their sorry asses

I think having a good 30 minute conversation with someone is good, on top of the photo ID and the proof of address. After that, you have to rely on your gut.

Other than the formailities (mentioned above), you really have to just trust your gut feeling.

Give him a little access at first, then gradually give him more as time goes :).

I think asking for ID and enforcing the fact that if they knowingly mess up a server, that you will sue them for damages, something along those lines.

will you hire me?

lol, j/k, i love my job. anyways, you just have to do you background check, employment check, and trust your gut. if they cant be trusted, but, you dont know that till you hire them, then fire them, and change your passwords and move on.

I must agree with Decker.

If you cannot trust someone with access to your server then don't take that risk but if you don't take the risk the reward will be much harder to get.

Easy fixed.. Hire local people.... as in dont hire people off the internet??
Thats what sh3lls.net does.. He only hires people he can see face to face.

Question: I am soon in need of a couple of L1 support techs. what is the normal cost? They should answer support ticket, be on live chat and in the forums.

In the UK Level 1 tech's earn £10 to £12k per year that's an average of $24k per year US.

I'm currently a tier 3 tech in the UK :)

Question: I am soon in need of a couple of L1 support techs. what is the normal cost? They should answer support ticket, be on live chat and in the forums.

This depends, you can either pay salary wages or per ticket/chat wages.

Typically .50-2 for tickets/chats depending on the complexity etc, for lvl1 no more then 1/ticket i would say.

Wages are any were from $100+ which is what I typically get employeed for.. :) (more then $100 though haha).

It all depends on what way you want to pay and there experience.

For Level 1, the normal rate is $0.75-$1/ticket resolved

I've got a local person for the job, still I don't trust him even though he works at our office.

Back