• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

second-level domain

ttb62

hello
I'm new to freewebspace. Have some knowledge of resell hosting. But I have a wonderment. I have a want to be user that wants hosting for a second-level domain. I don't think whm will even allow creation of second-level outside dns zone. But maybe it will.

I only offer hosting for domain owners (TLD). Now I received a reply that cpanel will allow second-level he has done it before. Ok the red flags are flying. But what puzzles me is what does he want to do with the account. All the free webspace out there, and even a few free TLD. Why. Now I know they say China has censoring issue's, and they try to get around this by using a proxy. Maybe this is what he wants. I don't know. Any idea's on what he is up to?

ttb

We call this subdomain hosting. Many times users don't have their own TLD and use a subdomain issued by their provider instead.

Example: I might create http://newuser.domain.tld/ for a new user.

Please keep in mind that free domain reliability is not what it was. cz.cc and others being shut down might leave you without your website even on the most stable webhosting provider.

sub domain

Yes he wanted an account for a sub domain. But it was a sub domain from a domain other the my host domain. He wanted it as tld. it was lsh.briten.org and I am litesitehost.com. That's why I say I don't think whm would have taken it. With all the free hosting out there what was he wanting to do? If it would take a sub out side the host domain anyone could make ttb.google.com and go. So I know he was just being tricky. But why. Curiosity killed the cat. Maybe I don't want to know why.

ttb

I see what you mean now. Yes, that is definitely suspicious. I have seen two or three people asking about this and mod_proxy recently. As far as I can tell, they are trying to create SEO linking directories without paying for different IPs in different class C ranges.

Back