• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Secure Downloads within cPanel

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Guys,

Where is the ideal place to hold stuff for download within cPanel.
Like, John Doe comes along and buys a template from me. He pays and the software issues him with his download link.
All is fine that way. But, what I need to know is where could I secure these downloads so anyone cannot go to domain.com/downloads/download.exe and get it for free. Know what I mean?

Also, what would be the server path I would use within the software to determine where the software would issue the download from?

I am using Cube Cart and new to it.

You've got me curious, how did you solve it? I was sorta thinking about .htaccess password protection lol...

You take it outside the webroot and give the absolute path to CC for issuing download links :wink2:

Sorry Dan I meant to get back to you but my workload is backing up :)

Again!

Nah. Just place them outside the public_html area and add the download link for the product in Cube Cart as something like /home/user/downloads/download.exe

lol... same time, maybe Decker got there a few seconds earlier :D

Anyway, I think my headache's gotten to me too much. How could I have forgot about downloading files outside of the public_html dir -_-

Back