• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should Youhosting resellers be banned here?

i don't think so
i awser support tickets
i spent days working on my website

i always tryed to provide the best support i went to youhosting because i got tired of p2h reseller going down
my uptime is staby at 99.099%

How the hell are you giving support when you haven't the slightest idea of what you are doing? That has been proven time and time again. As for youhosting, I doubt the reason was because you were tired of your p2h going down, more like you were blackballed from getting something for free then screwing it up or uploading pirated sofware.

i always tryed to provide the best support i went to youhosting because i got tired of p2h reseller going down

I tried youhosting, I don't know how tech support is didn't stay to long. Just wondering how do you like the Control panel? Would you be able to take your clients with, if you moved providers. How is the abuse rate? Do you think this kind of resell is different then any other resell? You sure do have a lot of post for 5 months registered.

I tried youhosting, I don't know how tech support is didn't stay to long. Just wondering how do you like the Control panel? Would you be able to take your clients with, if you moved providers. How is the abuse rate? Do you think this kind of resell is different then any other resell? You sure do have a lot of post for 5 months registered.
i had a 10-80% abouse rate with old resellers
ps. yes i do have lots of posts

If Youhosting.com cobranded providers are allowed to advertise here, I need to shut down my servers tomorrow and signup with them. I can launch one new free webhosting provider for every domain I own using free templates and helpdesks with responses in 3 - 5 business days. I think that would be about 27 new legitimate 10GB/100GB ads from my providers every 7 days. Not too bad.

for one more time i will say that we are talking for a few cobrand hosts that will get the right to post offers

this will be a reason to close down your host ????

for one more time i will say that we are talking for a few cobrand hosts that will get the right to post offers

this will be a reason to close down your host ????

And for the last time, co-branded hosts are not allowed to post here, and haven't for several years, up to the last 10 or so. Place your host in your link, you just post offers. If that is a problem, then find a forum that allows that. It's that simple.

And for the last time, co-branded hosts are not allowed to post here, and haven't for several years, up to the last 10 or so. Place your host in your link, you just post offers. If that is a problem, then find a forum that allows that. It's that simple.

How do you know if they are co-branded? Do you WHOIS every domain?

most times is very easy to find if someone is a cobrand host

look at the plans that they offer
eg youhosting is most times 10GB/100GB
resellercluster 250MB/5GB
byet 300MB/10GB (now is 1000MB/10GB)

other way is to look them signup page
and them login page

Last edited:
How do you know if they are co-branded? Do you WHOIS every domain?

Not every domain, but 99% of the time I will for a free domain host and those that look "suspicious".

But it doesn't matter if I do or not, those are the rules. Talk to Peo if there is a problem with it.

Shouldn't hosts using a free domain all be banned?
I mean if you can't even buy an .INFO domain for $3, you shouldn't be a host.

I totally agree! I had mentioned that earlier in this thread I believe for the very same reason, although I believe a hosting service should have a .com/.net/.org for higher professionalism.

That uptime is actually quite horrid. As a hosting mentor mentioned in another forum: Why not just say, "6 hours of downtime guaranteed each month"?

i know the FWH rules very well but here we are talking IF that have to change and some quality cobrand resellers to get the right to post offers
we are talking about what is the current rules

Since this discussion is going nowhere, let me try to address this.

It's unlikely that we will add the ability for cobranded hosts to post offers in some subcategory to Free Hosting offers. The objections from the community has been too strong.

I do see that many cobranded free hosts have been around longer than non-cobranded free hosts. But it doesn't change the fact that most of those offer the exact same thing. What would be the point of having 50 or 100 different members post the very same offer to different domains all cobranded by youhosting? It's just annoying. And unfortunately we don't have the time to distinguish "better" cobrands from the bad ones. There's just not any easy way of doing that as I see it.

I will include my previous suggestion here, but it seems like this might be an opportunity for FreeWebspace.net: premium advertising.

Any provider that is willing to invest in their website and support should also be willing to invest in advertising. The cost will keep the flood of cobranded providers from overwhelming the website and every euro from advertising is one more that helps keep FreeWebspace.net alive and well.

Just a thought.

Euro? We only accept SEK. ;)

No, we don't approve all hosts who want to advertise. We know we have strict standards about who can advertise, but that's how we want it. We don't accept any advertising on the forum from cobranded free hosts and that won't change.

Pricing is really quite high however keeping in eye the targeted traffic which FWS has i think this pricing is justifiable ..

Its easier just to find you a cheap vps. After all your clients are going to want fast support and you can only deliver fast support if you get fast support. Being a middle man is tough in this case trying to provide solid hosting.

Back