• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

There is such a thing as unlimited

The only thing that is unlimited is say i take a picture of the moon i transfer that picture to my computer and now i can make as many copys of that picture and send to as many people i need unlimited copys of that image

but if you where to go into more detail whats stopping that image from being unlimited is the amount of space there is in the world lol

thats only thing i can think of thats unlimited

The only thing that is unlimited is say i take a picture of the moon i transfer that picture to my computer and now i can make as many copys of that picture and send to as many people i need unlimited copys of that image

but if you where to go into more detail whats stopping that image from being unlimited is the amount of space there is in the world lol

thats only thing i can think of thats unlimited

Technically its not unlimited, why? because space as you said.
Nothing is unlimited!

Starting to think the only unlimited thing is the amount of posts that will continiue to appear claiming there is such a thing as unlimited.

Hopefully close this one for good -

'infinity' is a really big number, right.
Infinite literally means limitless, with me so far..
This would make it unlimited, right...

So there you have it, the only thing/idea/myth/fable/whatever that can possibly/impossibly/realistically/unrealistically be taken as unlimited is the number infinity - till such time as someone atually works out the numerical value, but then some sod will just add one to it and and off we go again as its just been proven to be limited to that value as adding one would increase it beyond that limit..... :jump:

Starting to think the only unlimited thing is the amount of posts that will continiue to appear claiming there is such a thing as unlimited.

Hopefully close this one for good -

'infinity' is a really big number, right.
Infinite literally means limitless, with me so far..
This would make it unlimited, right...

So there you have it, the only thing/idea/myth/fable/whatever that can possibly/impossibly/realistically/unrealistically be taken as unlimited is the number infinity - till such time as someone atually works out the numerical value, but then some sod will just add one to it and and off we go again as its just been proven to be limited to that value as adding one would increase it beyond that limit..... :jump:

While thats a good point.. Numbers can be unlimited..
However, are numbers physical entities? No.

Therefore because they only exist in our minds they can be unlimited.

Even data traveling through a PC and onto a hard drive has some mass as data is stored magnetically on a disk and therefore will never be unlimited as far as we know.

So to finish off... Physical = Not Unlimited, Thought/Imaginary = Unlimited.

While thats a good point.. Numbers can be unlimited..
However, are numbers physical entities? No.

Therefore because they only exist in our minds they can be unlimited.

Even data traveling through a PC and onto a hard drive has some mass as data is stored magnetically on a disk and therefore will never be unlimited as far as we know.

So to finish off... Physical = Not Unlimited, Thought/Imaginary = Unlimited

PMSL

1. how many heads have you got 1 - physical representation of a number, not thought nor imaginary (unless you only have an imaginary head :lol: ).

2. data has no mass - as it's a 'restructuring' of subatomic structure, basically electron flow. Even though electrons have a sub-atomic mass there is no addition to the 'number' (whoops there it is again - real not imaginary) of electrons only a change in their behaviour.

3. again 'to close the argument' and since you actually went in reverse there, as in arguing against the same point you tried to make;

infinity = you know that limitless number
so
infinity + 1 = infinity anything else below it has its limit (and that's the only theoretical real number)

PMSL

1. how many heads have you got 1 - physical representation of a number, not thought nor imaginary (unless you only have an imaginary head :lol: ).

2. data has no mass - as it's a 'restructuring' of subatomic structure, basically electron flow. Even though electrons have a sub-atomic mass there is no addition to the 'number' (whoops there it is again - real not imaginary) of electrons only a change in their behaviour.

3. again 'to close the argument' and since you actually went in reverse there, as in arguing against the same point you tried to make;

infinity = you know that limitless number
so
infinity + 1 = infinity anything else below it has its limit (and that's the only theoretical real number)

Leave me alone I'm tired haha

Also you lost me with (infinity + 1 = infinity anything else below it has its limit) does that mean I can say "Unlimited + 1 Bandwidth" and actually have infinite bandwidth lol

Last edited:
if infinite is a number and in space light can tavel without friction then there is unlmited speed and space. What if someone got all the servers in the world that were all really small like the size of an atom and could each hold a terabyte. Even if an atom is the smallest someone would reverse engineer it and

if infinite is a number and in space light can tavel without friction then there is unlmited speed and space. What if someone got all the servers in the world that were all really small like the size of an atom and could each hold a terabyte. Even if an atom is the smallest someone would reverse engineer it and

Till you understand physics I'd steer clear of saying stuff like that. Unlimited and frictionless, hmm what if a planet, say earth got in the way, that would cause some friction and it's still held the universe is going around in a circle (out comes google all around :lol: ) so never starts nor ends :idea:

Back