• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

Hotlinking

Any new information on that issue?.

Seems my hunch was right that they don't allow hotlinking. But since they're the guys with the colossal capacity, I'll probably leave the page as is. I did ask for the official advisory against hotlinking for my records.

The other host that didn't make the chart might be experiencing problems. They'll probably come back online, but there's nothing special about them.

So my spread is done for the hosts I know of. I'll see about any new offers if they arrive.

Revised List 11-18-09

*looks both ways* *goes up behind Timelord* *Looks around, grins, kicks in butt*...

Docked for Fighting! :devious2:

CWahi saw the light and gave me the coupon, so they're back at third.

JustAPost wandered away, causing me to need a new category. The deep-server is still up, but it's probably now in the class of "private hosting by appointment".

This is CWahi's new copy. I feel lazy so it may be a few days before it propogates down because it requires some new files.

http://taophoenix.cwahi.net/Tauceti.html

Hi Tao,

I'm one step ahead of you. I already got tired of the companies I depend on disappearing or performing poorly, so I have seven myself.

And when I get tired with one, I just bring in a new company. So what I end up with is a selection of only the best providers and I'm virtually indestructable. Our reliability on the WORST server is presently 98.43%. (Best is always 100.00% and I would put you on one of those.) No single company can take us down.

So I can basically guarantee we'll be here tomorrow unless I got hit by a bus (and I'm working on that one too). We have all the paid quality features for free, and are the only web host I'm aware of that can do this:
http://www.ismywebsite.com/?p=testify

Unfortunately, we're ad supported, but what you mentioned was 'No Banners'. I believe AdSense has a text-only mode, so that might work. The only question is - are you tired enough of switching hosting providers that you'd be willing to do a thing like that?

Well actually, here's a better offer. I can put a third of the money generated through the AdSense on your site towards a free domain name (TLD) for your site. So that way, you can have professional hosting and a domain without paying anything. How's that?

Oh well. Your decision. I will leave it up to you then.

Last edited:
Hmmm . Now that's a tempting offer from is my website :lol:
So how much do personal favours affect the overall listing tao ?

Qui Pro Quo

Why do you need a listing to do personal favours for your clients?

I'll start here because it ties into my answer to you Azoundria. He recognizes that there's value to my listing of a different and currently ill-measured kind. In any business that's what the management function is for - making 2nd order trades.

"Coupons" vs. favors etc.

Hmmm . Now that's a tempting offer from is my website
So how much do personal favours affect the overall listing Tao ?

There is in fact a test of service response in there, but once at the minimum there's no further benefit to be gained by offering thunderous specs. I'm standardizing on about 1GB of space to help keep parity, but I use very little bandwidth. I've actually advised some sites to ratchet down to reverse an oversell post.

Also the exact ordering contains 5% humor; there's no real difference between 3rd & 4th etc. If a host doesn't make it, after a couple of warning posts I'm not going to ridicule them. One has retired the public option and another has disqualified itself. I expect the ones left to at least make the "February checkpoint".

Last edited:
Hi Tao,

I'm one step ahead of you. I already got tired of the companies I depend on disappearing or performing poorly, so I have seven myself.

And when I get tired with one, I just bring in a new company. So what I end up with is a selection of only the best providers and I'm virtually indestructable. Our reliability on the WORST server is presently 98.43%. (Best is always 100.00% and I would put you on one of those.) No single company can take us down.

So I can basically guarantee we'll be here tomorrow unless I got hit by a bus (and I'm working on that one too). We have all the paid quality features for free, and are the only web host I'm aware of that can do this:
http://www.ismywebsite.com/?p=testify

Unfortunately, we're ad supported, but what you mentioned was 'No Banners'. I believe AdSense has a text-only mode, so that might work. The only question is - are you tired enough of switching hosting providers that you'd be willing to do a thing like that?

Well actually, here's a better offer. I can put a third of the money generated through the AdSense on your site towards a free domain name (TLD) for your site. So that way, you can have professional hosting and a domain without paying anything. How's that?

Oh well. Your decision. I will leave it up to you then.

I had somewhat forgotten about text-adsense, but I decline that too. Updating my previous thematic text, each host gets up to *three* linkbacks, because if your server is present & ready it's a clickable link on the dashboard.

I am carefully not just picking random places out of the offers board, and you even saw a few hosts shy out early on. What happens is anyone can start a host at Thanksgiving, then paraphrasing the classic words of a post elsewhere "Oh well, school break ended so I shut down after Christmas". The first checkpoint is about 4 months in.

If you want to be part of the roller coaster, manager-override the ads. By now it's clear I'm not doing SaturdayNightLive's "Stupid Client Tricks", so over half of the hosts have me on a small upgrade coupon above the terms offered to the slathering hordes.

Being responsive DOES help the ratings; not counting my pages are a little out of synch this week, the top few slots are hosts who made efforts to maintain things.

Are you ready for the challenge? : )

Hi TaoPhoenix,

I'm ready for the challenge. I suppose a linkback arrangement will have to do, but only as an exception in your case.

Back