• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Very Small Mailman discussion list

ritho

Doesn't even need to be free, just cheap!

We were using Groupspaces to host a small non-profit expat club discussion list. (ciwcro.com) They just reduced their free account from 250 members to 50 members on the discussion lists. We have about 70 members, with very little expected growth. We are looking for Mailman hosting with enough "bulk mail" allowance for the list to send maybe 1O emails to each the list a day usually it is only 2 or three. I would think 1000 emails a day would usually suffice.

We only want Mailman hosting for a subdomain, e.g. list.ciwcro.com. Our current web host is very restrictive on the number of emails allowed.

A private forum might be a better option (though I realize a lot of people don't like forums, and prefer email). 1000 emails a day is not huge by any means, so long as they are spread out, i.e. you aren't sending 1000 emails at once. I would think just about any host would allow that many. Otherwise, a small VPS with mailing list software would also suffice.

Back