• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[WARNING] Fraudulent Client

JasonS

What goes here?
NLC
Hello,

I thought I'd let you all know of a fraudulent person which has recently taken us for a £90.00 / $180.00 node.

Full Name: Jonathan Missick
E-mail: smi15216@hotmail.fr
IP Address: 41.221.16.223
Host: 41.221.16.223

With Regards,
Jason S

Hmmm you know, a private forum for hosting company owners to share frauds may be helpful.

If it's private then the info isn't going out in public and if your Privacy Policy states that fraud terminates the rights held by your Privacy Policy then it could work ;)

Anyway Jason, thanks for the heads up!

Jason, you failed to say why it was a fraud though, that's just an acusation without grounds!

Algerian IP and nothing else to say good or bad, so add the reason before your just defaming someone :wink2:

Why are they a fraudulent client? Did they pay with a stolen PayPal account? Credit/Debit Card?

It would be useful to know what they did. :)

Hey,

Fraudulent in the fact that a node was ordered and the data center was paid then a charge back was made & completed.

You never said that before, and was there a reason given on the chargeback?

Don't forget you can challenge them on it, was it a CC or PP or what?

Hey,

It was on PayPal, they put it as a physical product so it wasn't covered as Virtual on PayPal's Terms. We tried explaining this to PayPal, but they wouldn't have any of it. Which is why we have the clearance Windows node going cheap :)

So a dispute, not a chargeback, confused are us!!!

Jason your all over the place with this one, if it was a CC payment through PP then it can be charged back, did you provide for a start?

Why was it reversed, your still just accusing someone. Nothing has happened here today so far - what happened - did somone just cancel an order?

If you paid up front then chase on the I've paid, or set your security to not allow possibles for chargeback before you do.

Personally I think a hosted client is physical goods provided, real estate on a disk/server all physical so the cop out on virtual (unless you talk dirty to someone) is non existant.

Last edited:
Hey,

They ordered the node, then complained it wasn't setup 1 hour after they ordered. We then got the node up on Monday, dispute was opened on Tuesday. It was put as a physcial product when as a matter of fact it is a virtual product and PayPal reversed the payment on the knowledge that is was a physical product when it was actually a virtual product.

PayPal sucks. :(
Your going more red for being a tit.

Jason, your whirrling.

So did you advertise 1 hour?

F me you slate folks with dribbles of fact.

Get a life and a hobby, till something else turns up that makes you take care of yourself.

Your going more red for being a tit.

Jason, your whirrling.

So did you advertise 1 hour?

F me you slate folks with dribbles of fact.

Get a life and a hobby, till something else turns up that makes you take care of yourself.

Of course not, we advise a maximum of 48 hours for a node setup.

Hey more info.

Did the client know that, or was it a change of mind, and did you ask them?

Back