• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What attracts people to look at blogs or websites?

chsk8rchicky

Hi everyone,

I was curious what aspects of a blog or website make it attractive for the viewer? Are there any important things that you would say are necessary for success of a website? I am thinking about starting something new but wanted to hear some feedback from more experienced people first (because i am completely new at this). Thanks.

I like to joke that I'm an outlier not of the "People" so my recommendations should be viewed with caution. But I like horozontally balanced sites with classical html and compact information with no flashies. If ads are part of the question, put them somewhere like at the bottom of the page where a return visitor will eventually look at them.

It's mainly the content that attracts more visitors. If you have useful information on your website or blog, as long as it doesn't have lots of flashing images, people are happy. :)

Yes, its the unique and useful content that attracts visitors to your site. Along with that site should be flash free, should have easy navigation menu, and should have an attractive design.

Content Vs. Flashies

[JSH]John;1050186 said:
It's mainly the content that attracts more visitors. If you have useful information on your :wave:website or blog, as long as it doesn't have lots of flashing images, people are happy. :)

Unfortunately that's what goes on these days.

:evilb: Gee, I can't imagine why if news is text, :lol:the rest of the web has to thunder :spam: its way around it for :doh!: ad impressions or such.

:coolmusic The tech news magazines :rotflmao: are the worst for this.

:deer::snowsnow:

Cool images, properly formatted texts, nice content required for the visitors, added features that are not present in competitor sites are needed

Hi everyone,

I was curious what aspects of a blog or website make it attractive for the viewer? Are there any important things that you would say are necessary for success of a website? I am thinking about starting something new but wanted to hear some feedback from more experienced people first (because i am completely new at this). Thanks.
I suppose that any web blog should be interesting to read to certain audience.
Once it is - be sure that is attractive one

The most important thing a web blog should have is the unique content. The content is the thing which attracts the visitors as i have said before. Also, one should work on the website visibility in search engines. So that it would be easy for visitors to find your blog.

If any website has done these steps and the customers still did not go back, what could be the cause? *I'm really curious on this.

Google adword is your solution, it brings you people from places you never knew about!

website got famous evantually don't worry, just keep away from any kind of pop-up, and less flash (so that your page loads fast)
always be up to date with what you're offering...

A unique content attracts more visitors to your site, by submitting unique content you might get high rankings in search engines and It's also a a source of big traffic to your website.

Best Regards

If you are thinking to make blog,website or anything,there are many factors work on it.if you have exclusive and unique content but if they are not properly placed or your website or blog not properly formed your visitor won't come back again.if you have spent money to buy nice domain but if you don't have latest and interesting content you wont get enough traffic.i read at many places that site must be updated regularly but if you are updating content that is old and easily available on other sites you visitor will leave your site.generaly surfer will spend few seconds at your site.if have to grab attention of your site visitors who are visiting your site 1st time.if you are working hard on exclusive content but you forgot to work on SEO then your site will be undiscovered to world.so 1st you have to decide what type of site you want to make.it should not be heavy or too light.use images or flash wisely bcoz it takes time to load pages.make site attractive but dont forget that things that you want to show ur visitors can be found easily.other site you have to work outsite your site like submit site in directories,search engines etc.make your site seo frendly use right keywords,meta tags,description so your site pages can be index by robot,crawlers etc.

Good and unique content and also user friendly navigation. People hate web that has difficult navigation to found something on the web

One more thing that attracts visitors to the site is the conversations going in the comment section. If the conversation is good visitors not only visit the site but also shows interests by participating in it. This way you can also get better suggestion from visitors to improve your website.

The most important thing a web blog should have is the unique content. The content is the thing which attracts the visitors as i have said before. Also, one should work on the website visibility in search engines. So that it would be easy for visitors to find your blog.
i totally agree on this.. design and format is a plus of course :classic2:

The content should be intersting to read. That is the aim. And you need to understand that and if you can't take care of that - hire someone

A Meal Ticket

Hi everyone,

Most people are presently looking for a meal ticket. The so-called recession has the world looking for money or, at least an easy way to make a living. The rest of the world is trying to have a party. Seriously, you know it's true. Tell me if I'm wrong. These are the issues that interest most of the people. This is what attracts them to websites. Of course I'm talking generic, but these are the basics for legal attraction.:)

Hello,

You should add unique content so that when people search on google for any particular content it would redirected to your site...

Back