• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What does this mean?

alley

Social Nutwork
NLC
When you do a whois search on a domain and it it say this in the details:
Registry Status: CLIENT-UPDATE-PROHIBITED
Registry Status: CLIENT-DELETE-PROHIBITED
Registry Status: CLIENT-RENEW-PROHIBITED
Registry Status: CLIENT-XFER-PROHIBITED

Means the domain is locked to prevent unauthorized update, deletion, renewal or transfer. There is usually a setting in the domain control panel to disable/enable it.

Those are registry status added on by the registrar.

Client-update-prohibited is set so the client cannot update the domain status themselves, they have to do it through the registrar.

Client-delete-prohibited is set so that the domain cannot be deleted. It must be renewed or transferred.

Client-Renew-Prohibited is set so that the domain cannot be renewed by the client. It must be done through the registrar

Client-Xfer-Prohibited is set so that the domain cannot be transferred by the client. It must be done through the registrar.

Well was just wondering because I checked on one of my domains and that's what it said.

Whois the client? ..I am the register right? ... or am I the client? ...ouch ..my head hurts :ditsy2: :confused5

Well was just wondering because I checked on one of my domains and that's what it said.

Whois the client? ..I am the register right? ... or am I the client? ...ouch ..my head hurts :ditsy2: :confused5

Your the client, unless you are accredited ?

accredited?

So why wouldn't I be able to renew my domain? ...Godaddy is strange. This is the only domain I have registered with godaddy because it is a .cc domain and they had the cheapest I could find at the time.

What a pain in the butt!

Your the client, unless you are accredited ?

So why wouldn't I be able to renew my domain?

You can but you need to go into your control panel and untick the customer lock then you can carry out renewal/transfer or whatever - remember to go back and lock it again after any actions :)

Oh ..ok
Thanks Decker :)

You can but you need to go into your control panel and untick the customer lock then you can carry out renewal/transfer or whatever - remember to go back and lock it again after any actions :)

You mean their control panel doesn't allow the user to unlock it? That seems very strange as it's just going to mean more work for them.

They are probably just banking on people not knowing enough about it to want to use another service - because not everyone has the guts the post in a forum and ask a question right !?

Ain't dat da truth!

Most do rely on lack of knowledge to screw the poor person who has been told it will be oh so simple 'if you sign up with us - and not those nasty other people'.

Back