• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which is better Free or Paid Hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will find paid webhosting providers to be more reliable with more features because they have the financial resources available to invest in more robust infrastructure. You will occasionally find a free webhosting provider with similar reliability, but they are highly selective so it is much easier to buy paid webhosting for under $5 per month.

I think there's nothing good in free hosting. Not worth it at all...

You obviously didn't see what WireValley said.... There are definitely some free hosting providers who are really good.

Typically I would say paid hosting. However, if you get free hosting (and you're like me) I monitor my servers VERY closely and I don't overcrowd. I bet my servers are even better than some paid servers :) because paid is typically out to only make as much money as possible. So yeah, I guess it could go either way.

I think there's nothing good in free hosting. Not worth it at all...

actually if its a freehost that manages to make money from it, then it could easily be just reliable as a paid host.

What you need to watch out for is those hosts promising everything for nothing or next to nothing.

It is also important to check what kind of support and solution is provided by the web hosting company. Before signing up with any free or paid web hosting platform, it is important to analyze that in case there is any issue or downtime to your website, then how fast that web hosting company can provide you with a solution. This is one of the most important aspects.

They each have their pros and cons I support. Personally, I'll use a something for free like a trial, then when I take a more serious approach I'll move towards a paid option. (Webhosting would be a good example)

It is also important to check what kind of support and solution is provided by the web hosting company. Before signing up with any free or paid web hosting platform, it is important to analyze that in case there is any issue or downtime to your website, then how fast that web hosting company can provide you with a solution. This is one of the most important aspects.
Exactly. It's necessary to find as many reviews concerned with a future choice as it possible before making a final decision.

Typically I would say paid hosting. However, if you get free hosting (and you're like me) I monitor my servers VERY closely and I don't overcrowd. I bet my servers are even better than some paid servers :) because paid is typically out to only make as much money as possible. So yeah, I guess it could go either way.

Along these lines for me.

I put a mix of paid and free clients on each server, that way the paid clients handle base load paying the bills while the free clients utilize the available resources. At all times my servers have at least 20% unassigned capacity as well, in order to provide some room for future growth of people's sites and to make sure that my services are never overloaded.

Although my paid plans are larger than my free plans, the only real difference between the two is if you have ads on your site or not. When I find that a free site I host is getting regular traffic and growing nicely, I'll usually bump up their resource quotas free of charge.

Always use a paid hosting account. Free hosting is good for free hosting service providers to promote their own business. Similar for a domain.

It all depends on the company. For example I know many free hosting companies who overcrowd their servers. I also know of many hosts who overcrowd their paid servers. I only allow a maximum of 50 accounts per server to make sure that everything runs smoothly.

It really depends on your site, if only visitors of your site will be your family and friend then free hosting will be enough for you. If you are expecting to have thousands of visitors or your site will be a business for you than you definitely need a paid hosting plan. You will need a reliable company that will provide you with service and small downtime.
Good luck

Basic rule: If your income is dependent on your online presence, always go for paid hosting. If it's just a hobby, start with free hosting, see how it works and if you like it. If not you can always switch to paid hosting later.

Free hosting is good for a newbie or a beginner to learn things with mistakes. But paid hosting will allow you much secure hosting services with ample lot of support from the technical team. This will help you to host your website well and without any risk.

If you are expecting to have thousands of visitors or your site will be a business for you than you definitely need a paid hosting plan. You will need a reliable company that will provide you with service and small downtime.

Paid hosting is more reliable than free hosting, since in free hosting you get less resources and there could be more slowness or downtime issues also, whereas in paid hosting you get more resources and also there will less downtime issues.

In paid hosting you get proper tech support, but in free the chances are less.

Paid hosting is more reliable than free hosting. If it is for business purpose than go for paid hosting as it is better to spend some money instead to take any risk. In most paid hosting customer get 24/7 technical support. However in free hosting you may experience great delay in getting reply to your support related queries. Free hosting has many other drawbacks as well. Free hosting server are normally oversold and also loaded with advertising which not only slows down your websites but may at times also result in sites being unresolved. Free hosting is less secured moreover you may not get all hosting features. There could be other disadvantages of free hosting as well.

I would recommend paid hosting over a free hosting. You can easily find a good host for a very reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back