• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMCS Letters

hardingjames

I’ve started using a plugin with WHMCS to mail - in the post - printed invoices and letters to my clients. It’s been useful when an invoice email bounces. I was surprised as this has received positive feedback as I’ve managed to keep in touch despite them changing email address. It’s actually helped my retention rates. The WHMCS plugin is from a company called Docsaway.

I’m now thinking of mailing customers using this module mid way through their contract to see how we’re doing. I figure emails are so easily deleted yet I still read letters when I get them.

I just wondered what anyone else thought? Is anyone else using old fashioned letters still with hosting?

Hi,

I don't think hosting companies are using old fashioned letters :p It's a lot easier and faster to communicate through email, but I do see that it can be very useful when an invoice or email you're trying to send a client bounces and you've tried contacting the client using the phone number they provide and that doesn't work either.

We have done Christmas cards via conventional mail, but not letters or such.

It could be a good way to stand out and show that you care about your customers. But I agree that you shouldn't let it take over convensional methods such as email.

It might be indeed a good way to show your customer-friendly approach. You could also consider providing your clients with the ability to choose whether they wish to receive a paper invoice or electronic one.

New year and birthday cards may be useful. I would not expect regular invoices to get positive feedback. Nice move

Sending Birthday & Seasonal Greetings can work around with all active clients in hosting business. Sending monthly invoices, newsletters would be annoying to some clients. It also helps in saving the trees with less use of papers :) .... Go green ...

Back