• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMreseller

Has anyone here tried WHMreseller from Deasoft? I have a client who has asked me to purchase and install it for him.:confused4 If any one has had any experience with this your feedback would be appreciated.

It is a bad decision to install this. One reseller level is by far enough never mind reseller under reseller. If user wants to do this they should consider a server.

Response

Wait for the next release. We are about to release the next version which will have many new features.

The software is actually very stable and secure, many just seem to have this automatic mindset that reselling reseller accounts is bad. With the way WHMreseller manages resources its all very straight forward and safe. You can control exactly what each user (reseller) is doing and there is only one level of reselling of WHM. The next version should be out in another week or 2.

http://deasoft.com/software.php

i run it off my vps and it works a treat, is a big hit with the newbies. also havent had a problem with it yet.

bjdea1 said:
Wait for the next release. We are about to release the next version which will have many new features.

The software is actually very stable and secure, many just seem to have this automatic mindset that reselling reseller accounts is bad. With the way WHMreseller manages resources its all very straight forward and safe. You can control exactly what each user (reseller) is doing and there is only one level of reselling of WHM. The next version should be out in another week or 2.

http://deasoft.com/software.php

I dont mean to offend the author, I have no experience of your software, I'm sure it's written and maintained brilliantly, however I would urge the reseller thinking of installing this, that this is a pretty rubbish idea, and it's rather unfair to your other users, if you only have a reseller account, then you should just use it to resell, you're lettin yourself in for a whole load of abuse, you don't have the resources at your disposal to give away those resources again and again over and over, and no matter how well it's managed, unless the script comes with another server actually attached to it, it'll never keep up.
Also, as I'm sure you know, maintaining just a reseller account can be a handfull, even with all the power that whm has to offer, and before I thought about writing anything else, I have tried to install these scripts and it failed...with
shell 020706@ hozter.info said:
Adding Stats Update Cron.....done
Adding Version Update Cron.....done
mv: cannot stat `/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/addon_whmres eller.cgi': No such file or directory
Setting up addon_whmreseller.cgi file.....done
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_whmreseller.c gi': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/subrese ller.cgi': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/srdataf ile.txt': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/version update2': No such file or directory
Ensuring correct file permissions.....done
Setting up datafileFailed to Open File : /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/ whmreseller/srdatafile.txt
-found hostname to be server.hozter.info
-found server main IP to be 72.232.95.210
-entering datapnf: Could Not Find Start String : hostname=pnf: Could Not Find S tart String : status=
datafile setup.....done
sh: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/subreseller.cgi: No such file or directory
Running Stats routine for first time.....Could Not Open /usr/local/cpanel/whostm gr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/srdatafile.txt for Writingdone
Installation Complete !
FOR SECURITY REASONS PLEASE DELETE THIS INSTALL FILE
Please proceed now to your WHM control panel and complete the settings section
Failed to Open File : /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/srdataf ile.txtCould Not Open /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmreseller/srdataf

Response

It looks like you don't have permissions. Only a server administrator "root" can install this. If you are root then its possible you are installing it from the wrong place.

lol, doubt it mate, it's my server...and I was installing it from root/whmreseller , + the instructions on your website tell me to execute a file that does not exist...

Response

Are you installing the WHMreseller-1.3.tar.gz package into the /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/ directory? Sounds to me like you might be trying to install it in the /root directory - which won't work.You are meant to upload it into the /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/ directory and unpack (gunzip and tar-xvf) it in the there and then go into the newly created "whmreseller" directory and run install.

The correct installation instructions are on the bottom of http://deasoft.com/software.php page.

Feel free to submit a support ticket to us if you want any further help.

Last edited:
My bad, i did not read the instructions properly, I apologize, however I still think it's bit unfair...

That's a bit weird, Resellers running Reseller packages? I guess the hosting industry has to be amongst the most weird of them all.

Technics said:
That's a bit weird, Resellers running Reseller packages? I guess the hosting industry has to be amongst the most weird of them all.

I guess, but it's just giving clients more options to choose. But obviously resellers selling resellers would cost more then a normal reseller. And, it's pretty reasonably priced. (34$ USD/yr.)

Last edited:
software is a good idea, for new starters that cannot afford a dedicated server they nearly get all the power off having a dedicated server for just a couple of quid. i have it installed on my server and not one off my customers has complained or said a bad word about the script.

I think the sub-reseller features are asking for trouble. The webhosting industry is already watered down no use making it worse

scottm said:
software is a good idea, for new starters that cannot afford a dedicated server they nearly get all the power off having a dedicated server for just a couple of quid. i have it installed on my server and not one off my customers has complained or said a bad word about the script.

Don't you need a server to use WHMreseller? (To install it, etc.)

major problems using that tool

hi folks,

after a google.com found this forum.
Firs post so quick input.
I´ve acquire a WHM master reseller plan from ebay.
Had to be to cheap to believe it.

A ip traceroute says the server is hosted at Managed Solutions Group, Inc. and Server Type is : Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_throttle/3.1.2 mod_jk/1.2.14 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7f

1 milion giga disk, bandwith unmetered for 10 USD per month. I whanted to give it a try and aim at French speaking market hostmarket.

So far no backup´s, and, WHM master reseller is a add on, as seen in pic attached.

Doesn´t work....
No support provided.

10 bucks lot´s.

woa there.
1 million gb space?
Let's see.

That's 2000 x 500gb drives
300$ per drive x 2000 = 600000$ for space. yeah! that sounds doable at 10 bucks per month right? not

Back