• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMreseller

hi folks,

after a google.com found this forum.
Firs post so quick input.
I´ve acquire a WHM master reseller plan from ebay.
Had to be to cheap to believe it.

A ip traceroute says the server is hosted at Managed Solutions Group, Inc. and Server Type is : Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_throttle/3.1.2 mod_jk/1.2.14 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7f

1 milion giga disk, bandwith unmetered for 10 USD per month. I whanted to give it a try and aim at French speaking market hostmarket.

So far no backup´s, and, WHM master reseller is a add on, as seen in pic attached.

Doesn´t work....
No support provided.

10 bucks lot´s.

Wow! If you know how to use google why are you still buying hosting from Ebay? Only the idiots buy hosting from the scammers at ebay...

*sign* when will people know how to not scam/oversell resellers to people? I feel bad for the novices that have to face this, since they probably don't know enough about the hosting industry. Besides, that offer would be to obvious of a scam. Anyway, this software is pretty well done, the only problem is are they going to still update/upgrade it and add more features?

ROFL! 1 Million Gig Diskspace with Unmetered B/W for $10USD /mo? That's worse than the people that buy from DreamHost expecting to get full use of their allocation!

Response

As the developer of WHMreseller I'd just like to add - its up to each Web Host how they use our software.

Web Hosts can oversell with or WITHOUT WHMreseller - our software really doesn't have anything to do with it - its totally up to how the Web Host decides to use it.

WHMreseller only has ONE level of Sub Resellers. It has limitations built into the software to stop abusive use and can be thought of as a simpler (and cheaper) kind of VPS.

Also we just released v2.4

Lol. It's a scam. If you ever even consider buying a server or hosting account like that, shoot yourself.
I meant to answer the first post...

Has anyone here tried WHMreseller from Deasoft? I have a client who has asked me to purchase and install it for him. If any one has had any experience with this your feedback would be appreciated.

Follow Up

We just released version 2.5

Thsi release has furhter bug fixes. WHMreseller is now very stable and reliable.

Response

Our customer service is fast and reliable, please don't try to put a negative spin on our product.

Our customer service is fast and reliable, please don't try to put a negative spin on our product.

Ok, if you call a 2 months wait for a fix on a problem fast then great. I am a customer of yours, and giving you feedback which you should acknowledge.

The software is great *when it works*, but you need to work on the response time on issues were the provider cannot fix. I asked many times for the command line to upgrade yet you wouldn't provide this, instead you wanted to complete the upgrade yourself which is fine but not when you have to wait 2 months for it.

BTW, am not the only one who is complaining, we providers talk to each other you know :).

Last edited:
Ok, if you call a 2 months wait for a fix on a problem fast then great. I am a customer of yours, and giving you feedback which you should acknowledge.

The software is great *when it works*, but you need to work on the response time on issues were the provider cannot fix. I asked many times for the command line to upgrade yet you wouldn't provide this, instead you wanted to complete the upgrade yourself which is fine but not when you have to wait 2 months for it.

BTW, am not the only one who is complaining, we providers talk to each other you know :).
I heard to many of these complaints back when I was considering this software. I may reconsider the sofweare when you get your support up to a decent standard. Craig keep us updated on how this company does in the future.

Setting Record Straight

How long does it take to restore peoples confidence? That's what this is really all about. I spent a solid 2 weeks debugging and re-coding sections of WHMreseller last month and again recently last week with our latest release of version 2.5. I can assure people we have, RIGHT NOW, a solid client base of Web Hosts using our software and they've been buying new licenses time and time again. Quite frankly these companies are doing very well out of our software.

All I can say is yes we had problems last year. Yes there were a number of hosts who were upset. The reasons are not all the same, however generally speaking the overall cause was a massive structural change in the coding of WHMreseller. We made big changes to the software last year and suffered as a result. Those Hosts who were left waiting a long time for a solution can take heart now that the bugs have been solved. The reason you were left waiting is because the problems were complex and took time to solve. In essence we tried to develop WHMreseller too quickly and got ourselves into trouble. We've learnt a lot from the experience and its a pity now, after greatly improving WHMreseller, that some people are still only remembering the past.

We've moved on, WHMreseller has moved on, try out the trial and see for yourself.

CRAIG:
I fully acknowledge your complaints. The most probable reason for your delays was due to the complex nature of the fixes at the time. As I stated above, we had to restructure WHMreseller completely last year - such things can't be done quickly. Do you have any issues with your installation right now? Please let me know if you do because I just spent a lot of time on getting v2.5 out. Are you running version 2.5?

Last edited:
Back