• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yurx Hacked?

JonnyH

The Hosting Tool
NLC
I was browsing other hosts today and come across yurx...It has some message on there which is asking to donate money to fix the site. It's a shame if they shut down or it doesn't get fixed.

Send RaidX, I am nguoidaumat.your Web had Bug,I can help you fix BUG.if like open-eared RaidX I am said .server very good but disappoint if be destroyed.RaidX want to look up evidence : Checked By NguoiGiaumat : http://www.yurx.com/ so did you believe on me .I can give help to you.Reply for my donation ****@gmail.com and credit enter this egold account code: ***** or http://*****.e-gold.com/ sum of money at which I need 200 USDs.small sum of money right neither but it will help grandfathers evades another heaviness bereavement #Pluz .send in grandfather with 1 profits most heartfelt

I have removed a part, but anyone knows what is said as I have no clue :S

Yep, can someone translate. I think he wants someone to send him $200 to his e-gold account. If I was him, I'd just sell it, if he can't afford the server bills.

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/yurx/public_html/global.php(342) : eval()'d code
Line: 93

It is still not working 100% on their forums.

I guess they are working on it... just a pitty that hackers enjoy these actions if Yurx was hacked !

PaulP.

Yep, can someone translate. I think he wants someone to send him $200 to his e-gold account. If I was him, I'd just sell it, if he can't afford the server bills.

I would have interest buying yurix just for the traffic for the users I can't give cpanel I would give Core panel to them. :evilb:

lol

I'm not one to talk down on hosts but yurx has gotten hacked around 2 times in the past 2 years they really need to step their game up with security. Might have to do with it being poorly managed or just selling space to whomever needs it because if they limited people to sign up then it wouldn't have gotten hacked so many times.

I think it's always better for a host to get hacked when it's new. Some prankster hacked Xetaspace for fun (no, it doesn't make sense to me either), then they sent the admin an email about how they did it. A week later the forum was back and everything was running on more secure software.
Getting hacked early minimizes loss and sends a message to the admin to be on guard. Getting hacked when there's a bunch of users just pisses everybody off and can kill a host.

I think it's always better for a host to get hacked when it's new. Some prankster hacked Xetaspace for fun (no, it doesn't make sense to me either), then they sent the admin an email about how they did it. A week later the forum was back and everything was running on more secure software.
Getting hacked early minimizes loss and sends a message to the admin to be on guard. Getting hacked when there's a bunch of users just pisses everybody off and can kill a host.

Couldn't have said it better myself. But, it is still bad to be hacked. Its also very annoying and troublesome. Either way, hackers should be dealt with ASAP.

Seems everything on Yurx is finally working again.

Seems everything on Yurx is finally working again.

Yurx.com is not completely up and running. :eek3:
Please look further than the .com main page only.

Even on the top of the screen you see this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/yurx/public_html/global.php(342) : eval()'d code on line 93
And that error comes back every time when you try to look at topics/threads.

When looking further into the forum you will see this hack message:
http://www.yurx.com/member.php?find=lastposter&f=25

The Admin(s) at Yurx should take all the server log files and try to find out who did this and take some legal action against this !
Hackers should be found and punished as hacking is a criminal act according to the law.

Kind regards,
PaulP.

Last edited:
Back