This is what they sent me in the newsletter:
Our main web server was down twice this past week totaling approx 2 1/2 - 3 hours. We realize this is unacceptable, and are working to make sure it does not happen again. We have found the problem, and have taken measures to make sure it does not happen again. What was happening, was when people were setting up java servlets on their account, and then deciding they didnt want to use them, they were not removing them properly. They are a relativly fragile thing, and were causing server wide problems. We have disabled java servlets on all accounts for the time being.