+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: cP Creator - **FREE** Free Host Manager

The Hosting Tool JonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to all JonnyH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking at the paypal developer section but I want to do some extra things first.
    ~ The Hosting Tool ~ cPanel WHM/DA Support! cP Creator Importer! Post 2 Host! Fully Automated! ~ thehostingtool.com

stop staring krakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud of krakjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know the paypal sandbox is hell to work with, take a look at eliteweaver.co.uk IPN sandbox, much easier to use while you establish your routines, you still will need a sandbox account or two before you release the code, but eliteweaver will get you to release stage a lot quicker that the stupid sandbox ...
    (\__/) Joe Watkins
    (='.'=) Software Architect
    (")_(") http://pthreads.org
    Copy and paste bunny into your sig, help him gain world domination.

The Hosting Tool JonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to allJonnyH is a name known to all JonnyH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice Joe once again.
    ~ The Hosting Tool ~ cPanel WHM/DA Support! cP Creator Importer! Post 2 Host! Fully Automated! ~ thehostingtool.com

Super Moderator hamster is a name known to allhamster is a name known to allhamster is a name known to allhamster is a name known to allhamster is a name known to allhamster is a name known to allhamster is a name known to all hamster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe alertpay? Lots of people are starting to move over there from what I've observed lately...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take and consider any suggestions. I'll be mainly looking at paypal first.

stop staring krakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud ofkrakjoe has much to be proud of krakjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should bear in mind johnny that people do like to use other services, some countries dont have paypal, some parents won't allow it etc ... my suggestion would be while designing the transaction table to make the column names as generic as possible and do not copy paypal definitions, this will make easy when someone wants to use a different payment processor ( most work in the same way, some sort of HTTP postback ) ... you'd do well before you start to look into the source code of an opensource application to see how they achieve using the same transaction table for multiple payment processors, let someone else do the hard work ...
    (\__/) Joe Watkins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. Since i've never worked with payment processing before It's unknown territory. That means I don't have a clue how it works. I'll most likely be looking how they work and build a generic system which could work for whatever the system is. That may be a while yet, I'm doing a recode of the whole script.

FWS Addict InfiniteTech is a jewel in the roughInfiniteTech is a jewel in the rough InfiniteTech's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe, I suppose you had a similar script like this years ago. It could help Jonny if you share it with him.

I doubt you even have that. ;D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've written more than one, however I have lost them all ... plus I can't help johnny too much with this as a client is paying me to compete, I can give him advice in general on programming but code I should keep to a minimum to satisfy my client ...
    (\__/) Joe Watkins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's understandable. Thanks for the help though. I really need to plan this system well.
    Last edited by JonnyH; March 5th, 2008 at 15:20.

Jay Street iBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond reputeiBrightDev has a reputation beyond repute iBrightDev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PayPal is a good place to start, but, i would recommend getting stuff for 2checkout and other systems too.
    Full-service digital agency based in Scottsdale, Arizona - iBright Development

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. I'll be looking at the other systems.

Is there anyway of totally globalizing a variable? So I don't have to global it inside a function?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lemme explain in more detail. I have a couple of classes

class 1
    class 2

main -> class 1 = fine
    main -> class 2 = fine
    class 1 -> class 2 = broke

PS: Global in each function isn't suitable.
    Last edited by JonnyH; March 5th, 2008 at 15:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty general PHP, and so I'll give you a hand ...

PHP Code:
    <?php
    class Main
    {
        public static 
    $myVar ;

function 
    __construct( )
        {

self::$myVar "krakjoe" ;

printf"%s: my name is %s\r\n"__CLASS__self::$myVar );
        }
    }
    class 
    Next extends Main
    {
        function 
    __construct( )
        {

printf"%s: my name is still %s\r\n"__CLASS__parent::$myVar );
        }
    }
    class 
    Another extends Main
    {
        function 
    __construct( )
        {

printf"%s: my name is still %s\r\n"__CLASS__parent::$myVar );
        }
    }

$oMain = new Main( );
    $oNext = new Next( );
    $oAnother = new Another( );

printf"Procedurally my name is still %s\r\n"Main::$myVar );
    ?>
    (\__/) Joe Watkins

Senior Member XT-iZac is an unknown quantity at this point
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quickie...is there anyway to intergrate the P2H module with other billing systems...

and didn't mention...one reason why people are moving over the AlertPay is because all PTC (Pay to Click Sites) have to switch over to AlertPay as paypal no longer accepts these kind of services...

Also, if i have some spare cash i don't mind donating to help this project

Fantastic work!
    I am fine.

+ Reply to Thread