+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What attracts people to look at blogs or websites?

Junior Member chsk8rchicky is an unknown quantity at this point
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What attracts people to look at blogs or websites?

Hi everyone,

I was curious what aspects of a blog or website make it attractive for the viewer? Are there any important things that you would say are necessary for success of a website? I am thinking about starting something new but wanted to hear some feedback from more experienced people first (because i am completely new at this). Thanks.

NLC TaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to all
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to joke that I'm an outlier not of the "People" so my recommendations should be viewed with caution. But I like horozontally balanced sites with classical html and compact information with no flashies. If ads are part of the question, put them somewhere like at the bottom of the page where a return visitor will eventually look at them.

JSHosts.com [JSH]John is a glorious beacon of light[JSH]John is a glorious beacon of light[JSH]John is a glorious beacon of light[JSH]John is a glorious beacon of light[JSH]John is a glorious beacon of light[JSH]John is a glorious beacon of light [JSH]John's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's mainly the content that attracts more visitors. If you have useful information on your website or blog, as long as it doesn't have lots of flashing images, people are happy.
    JSHosts - UK Web Hosting
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | OpenVZ VPS | Xen VPS
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | CloudFlare | R1Soft Backups

Senior Member Robdale is an unknown quantity at this point
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, its the unique and useful content that attracts visitors to your site. Along with that site should be flash free, should have easy navigation menu, and should have an attractive design.

Senior Member engineerroy2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content of the blog, images, the template and the need for them to look into your blog as the last point
    Server Management & Direct Support To Your Hosting Clients - Unlimited servers / tickets. One monthly fee.
    ManageAndSupport.com - Outsource Support.

NLC TaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to allTaoPhoenix is a name known to all
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Content Vs. Flashies

Quote Originally Posted by [JSH]John View Post
    It's mainly the content that attracts more visitors. If you have useful information on your website or blog, as long as it doesn't have lots of flashing images, people are happy.
    Unfortunately that's what goes on these days.

Gee, I can't imagine why if news is text, the rest of the web has to thunder its way around it for ad impressions or such.

The tech news magazines :: are the worst for this.

Senior Member engineerroy2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool images, properly formatted texts, nice content required for the visitors, added features that are not present in competitor sites are needed
    Server Management & Direct Support To Your Hosting Clients - Unlimited servers / tickets. One monthly fee.
    ManageAndSupport.com - Outsource Support.

NLC SiberForum is a jewel in the roughSiberForum is a jewel in the rough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chsk8rchicky View Post
    Hi everyone,

I was curious what aspects of a blog or website make it attractive for the viewer? Are there any important things that you would say are necessary for success of a website? I am thinking about starting something new but wanted to hear some feedback from more experienced people first (because i am completely new at this). Thanks.
    I suppose that any web blog should be interesting to read to certain audience.
    Once it is - be sure that is attractive one

Senior Member Robdale is an unknown quantity at this point
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important thing a web blog should have is the unique content. The content is the thing which attracts the visitors as i have said before. Also, one should work on the website visibility in search engines. So that it would be easy for visitors to find your blog.

Pro Member Razerst has a spectacular aura about Razerst's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any website has done these steps and the customers still did not go back, what could be the cause? *I'm really curious on this.

Senior Member abboodeh is a jewel in the roughabboodeh is a jewel in the rough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google adword is your solution, it brings you people from places you never knew about!

website got famous evantually don't worry, just keep away from any kind of pop-up, and less flash (so that your page loads fast)
    always be up to date with what you're offering...

FWS Addict 314Hosting is a jewel in the rough314Hosting is a jewel in the rough314Hosting is a jewel in the rough 314Hosting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A unique content attracts more visitors to your site, by submitting unique content you might get high rankings in search engines and It's also a a source of big traffic to your website.

Best Regards
    Web Hosting & Webmaster Forums
    [UK/USA Networks] Stable PREMIUM cPanel Hosting Services - AP/PP/MB/LR/CC
    www.CeriseHost.co.uk

Member Dharmik is on a distinguished road
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are thinking to make blog,website or anything,there are many factors work on it.if you have exclusive and unique content but if they are not properly placed or your website or blog not properly formed your visitor won't come back again.if you have spent money to buy nice domain but if you don't have latest and interesting content you wont get enough traffic.i read at many places that site must be updated regularly but if you are updating content that is old and easily available on other sites you visitor will leave your site.generaly surfer will spend few seconds at your site.if have to grab attention of your site visitors who are visiting your site 1st time.if you are working hard on exclusive content but you forgot to work on SEO then your site will be undiscovered to world.so 1st you have to decide what type of site you want to make.it should not be heavy or too light.use images or flash wisely bcoz it takes time to load pages.make site attractive but dont forget that things that you want to show ur visitors can be found easily.other site you have to work outsite your site like submit site in directories,search engines etc.make your site seo frendly use right keywords,meta tags,description so your site pages can be index by robot,crawlers etc.

Senior Member riseup is an unknown quantity at this point
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good and unique content and also user friendly navigation. People hate web that has difficult navigation to found something on the web
    Melesat!com - Useful freeware and tips internet, computer, and mobile phone
    Intscholarships.com - International scholarships information

Junior Member brainstorm is an unknown quantity at this point
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and do not forget the RSS button located at the most visible place for your blog readers

+ Reply to Thread