Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: How to create natural backlinks! (in the eyes of Google!)

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation How to create natural backlinks! (in the eyes of Google!)

    Hi,

    As i'm sure you all know, building backlinks to your website is one of the most important factors of SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

    For those of you who don't know what a backlink is, it's simply a link to your site from someone else's site. Typically, you would make the 'Anchor Text' of the link (the clickable text) the keyword that you want to rank well for in google search results. Sounds easy right? Just post hundreds of links to your website all over the internet everyday....simple!

    But here's the hard bit.....During recent Google updates, they have changed the way they rank site's according to backlinks. Now, they work out how many backlinks your site is creating everyday and if this is too many, or it looks unnatural, you will end up damaging the links and they will be "Discounted" by Google - meaning that link won't count towards your google ranking.

    The reason Google have done this is because they want the most appealing and most relevant site's to appear first for a users query. These 'Appealing and Relevant' site's will be discussed all over the internet on Social networking sites, forums, blogs and many other places that people talk about things that interest them. Usually a site of interest will receive a few 'natural' links a day, just by people posting links to it as they discuss the site online.

    When you build links to your site, you need to make this as natural looking as possible, giving Google the impression that lots of people are talking about your site all over the internet.

    There's an old saying "Slow and steady wins the race" and when it comes to link building....that couldn't be more true. So making your website 1000 backlinks in one day might seem like a good idea at the time, but the reality is, google will just see it as 'spamming' rather than something internet users are discussing and creating a hype about.


    I really hope this helps some of you in your link building strategies, and if any of you have any questions about this thread, or SEO in general, then post them below and i will try and help as best as i can.



    All the best
    Spike Patching

  2. #2
    FWS Addict AboutWeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    /public_html
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this, @Bossbuild. There is no way to create 1000 backlinks in a day without some software/auto tools. That technique is called Blackhat SEO. Natural way backlinks are in Whitehat SEO. There is also Greyhat SEO and Bluehat SEO, a combination between white and black.

    A SEO couple had twins. For the first time they were happy with duplicate content.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when building links, use the following tips outlined below to help keep your link profile as natural looking as possible and your rankings increasing!

    1. Vary Your Anchor Text
    2. Donít Focus Only on Pages with High PageRank
    3. Donít Concentrate Only on Your Homepage
    4. Get Variations and Types of Links
    5. Stay Away From Link Schemes
    6. Keep the Link Building Slow and Steady

  4. #4
    FWS Addict AboutWeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    /public_html
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5. Stay Away From Link Schemes
    Then how are we going to get backlinks if we are not even allowed to exchange links with other sites ?
    Too many rules, too strict...

    A SEO couple had twins. For the first time they were happy with duplicate content.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AboutWeb - I think onlineseo is referring to link farms

  6. #6
    freezoka.ws
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, pure link exchanges aren't a good idea anymore anyway. Linking to a site that links right back to your's just cancels the "link juice" anyway.
    Rezoka.com - free hosting | free image hosting

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another forum I saw someone wanting to buy signatures with more that 5000 posts! I posted that I thought this would do more harm than good. Isn't that true?

  8. #8
    freezoka.ws
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savantcreative View Post
    On another forum I saw someone wanting to buy signatures with more that 5000 posts! I posted that I thought this would do more harm than good. Isn't that true?
    It is my understanding that signature links are not penalized in the same manner, because of their nature. But honestly, I'm not sure.
    Rezoka.com - free hosting | free image hosting

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    It is my understanding that signature links are not penalized in the same manner, because of their nature. But honestly, I'm not sure.
    I don't know. I was always told links are links. Do you have any info on that? Thanks

  10. #10
    freezoka.ws
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savantcreative View Post
    I don't know. I was always told links are links. Do you have any info on that? Thanks
    It's been discussed quite extensively on forums like DP. A link is a link, sure, but consider that 5000 posts on one forum still all come from the same domain. That's still technically one "vote" of "link juice."
    Rezoka.com - free hosting | free image hosting

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but in Google Webmaster tools it would show as 5000 inlinks.

  12. #12
    FWS Addict AboutWeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    /public_html
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savantcreative View Post
    On another forum I saw someone wanting to buy signatures with more that 5000 posts! I posted that I thought this would do more harm than good. Isn't that true?
    In forum signatures is a one way link. I think it's good, but it doesn't really matter if you have 100 posts or 5000. Because all links are coming from the same Domain, same IP.

    A SEO couple had twins. For the first time they were happy with duplicate content.

  13. #13
    freezoka.ws
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AboutWeb View Post
    In forum signatures is a one way link. I think it's good, but it doesn't really matter if you have 100 posts or 5000. Because all links are coming from the same Domain, same IP.
    Exactly!
    Rezoka.com - free hosting | free image hosting

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree because I have seen the effects of adding sig links over time from the same place having an affect.

  15. #15
    freezoka.ws
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savantcreative View Post
    I disagree because I have seen the effects of adding sig links over time from the same place having an affect.
    Are you sure that was the only factor at play? One would see it as hard to identify a single site as an issue if you've got links in from many different sources. Forums have never posed a problem in terms of links before.
    Rezoka.com - free hosting | free image hosting

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 7th, 2008, 00:30
  2. Google Jokes... *rolls eyes* [merged]
    By stuffradio in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: April 4th, 2007, 09:31
  3. 2000 Text Backlinks from Google index sites
    By cyberlinkpro in forum Ads & Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 31st, 2005, 16:17
  4. Anyone got Natural Selection?
    By MN-Carl in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: April 21st, 2003, 04:11

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •