Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Youhosting resellers be banned here?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure why we're talking about $1.25 VPS servers. You're not going to run a hosting company off of one of them, so what's the point?
    WSWD Inc., Celebrating our 18th year in business
    WSWD.net - Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Server Hosting
    Blazing Fast SSD VPS That Will Blow Your Mind!! High Performance RAID10 SSD Drives, IPv4, IPv6, and Private IPs
    InstaFree.com - Fast, Reliable Hosting...For FREE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the talking about the cheap VPS servers is for show how easy and cheap is to make a free host witch will be allowed to post offers
    also for show that paying for hosting does not mean that you will offer quality service or that this host will have any reliability.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2010 View Post
    the talking about the cheap VPS servers is for show how easy and cheap is to make a free host witch will be allowed to post offers
    also for show that paying for hosting does not mean that you will offer quality service or that this host will have any reliability.
    Okay, so you're going to create a free host with a VPS that can host 3 people and no control panel? Really?
    Blazing Fast SSD VPS That Will Blow Your Mind!! High Performance RAID10 SSD Drives, IPv4, IPv6, and Private IPs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest problem, besides people running illegal businesses and not making investments of any kind to run that so-called "business" is the fact that resellers have absolutely no control over the server.

When it comes to things like resellers, master resellers, super uber alpha-omega resellers, etc., the actual client is sometimes 3 or 4 pegs down the chain from the actual company who has control over the server. To get something accomplished, the client has to submit a ticket to the reseller, who has to submit a ticket to the master reseller, who then submits a ticket to the VPS owner, who has to contact the dedicated server company, etc., etc.

While just about everyone is at the mercy of the datacenter, in one way or another (unless you own your datacenter), hosts with dedicated servers or VPS have a certain control over their servers that the resellers simply don't, and never will. And I'm not just picking on the co-branded folk here. That applies to all resellers.

Zen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is still a significant difference between resellers and cobranded providers. Reseller providers no matter how many levels from the end user still have an incentive to keep the servers up and running smoothly: money.

If the server begins to perform poorly, you can cancel and move your accounts somewhere else. Cobranded providers can't do anything like that because they have lost control of the platform.
    http://www.againstsilence.com/ by L2P
    99.8% uptime since May 2007 || 99.95% uptime in 2013|| Offering the best in free webhosting since 2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are right, as a reseller at youhosting and resellercluster i do not have any control over the servers

but the problem is the hosting quality or the big competition from the resellers ?

also i do not think that resellercluster offer low quality free hosting services
    youhosting is new and still in beta and need time for see how they will go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are right, as a reseller at youhosting and resellercluster i do not have any control over the servers

but the problem is the hosting quality or the big competition from the resellers ?

also i do not think that resellercluster offer low quality free hosting services
    youhosting is new and still in beta and need time for see how they will go
    But no matter what, clients need to know that from who they get their account from.
    For example, co-branded reseller. Users need to know that their provider do not have any access to control the server and solve the problems.
    And just in case the co-branded reseller decided to close down, at least they know to who they should contact and get back their stuffs.
    Not all users know that there are co-branded reseller exist.
    No code has to be inserted here.
    Our price is one of the lowest among all and it comes with quality.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big competition? No competition at all. I don't try to compete with people who can't even make an investment and set up a business properly, manage an actual server for their clients, etc. The youhosting folk aren't in the same league, quite honestly. Learn how to manage a server, make your "business" legitimate, and then come talk to me about competition. I've been in the industry 16 years in January. I can assure you that you little youhosting folk who have no clue how to run a [hosting] business don't scare me in the slightest.

The problem is that people come to forums like this for advice. The real businesses in this industry need to make sure the clients understand what they're getting themselves into when they deal with these co-branded or other non co-branded resellers. The quality is poor, the servers (particularly youhosting) are ridiculously overloaded, and the "host" has absolutely no control over those servers. That's a problem, and potential clients need to understand that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CS Squad if a client cares and want to know from who get their account from will find a way to get that info
    also if i tell them that they get them account from youhosting or attractsoft or byet will make any difference ??
    and the more im thinking about the more i like the idea to add this at my site " 2007 - 2011 mydomain.net & attractsoft.com"

@wswd remember that we are talking for a few selected resellers that may get the right to post offers, so the "people who can't even make an investment" does not apply

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @wswd remember that we are talking for a few selected resellers that may get the right to post offers, so the "people who can't even make an investment" does not apply
    I'm talking about resellers in general. And no, paying $5/mo. for some reseller account is hardly an investment for a business. This is the crux of what's wrong with the hosting industry. You have kids running "businesses" using their monthly allowance money. They don't know how to run a business, no idea how to run a web host, no idea how to manage servers, etc.

if i tell them that they get them account from youhosting or attractsoft or byet will make any difference ??
    Any difference in regards to what? If you told me your "company" was running on youhosting or byte, I wouldn't touch your hosting with a 10 foot pole, especially considering that I could go straight to youhosting or byet myself, get my own account (for free), and completely eliminate the absolutely useless middleman (i.e. you). A lot of people looking for hosting, however, simply don't know any better. Well, we're here to educate those people who don't know any better.
    Last edited by wswd; November 17th, 2011 at 04:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wswd the question is IF some selected resellers will be allowed to post offers here, so please dont tell me what do you think in general about all the resellers
    also you are here for promote your services and sometimes you can help some ppl with your knowledges

also im going to add today at my reseller sites a "powered by ---x"
    and will not make any difference

If you told me your "company" was running on youhosting or byte, I wouldn't touch your hosting with a 10 foot pole, especially considering that I could go straight to youhosting or byet myself, get my own account (for free), and completely eliminate the absolutely useless middleman (i.e. you).
    You are not looking for hosting my friend and if you was with your "knowledges" you have to be able to understood that my site use a reseller account with out me having to tell anything
    also a user CAN NOT get hosting from youhosting directly, youhosting offers reseller hosting, not free hosting for any site, get an account at youhosting and do not create a host and soon you will get close down.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also you are here for promote your services and sometimes you can help some ppl with your knowledges
    Absolutely! I've made people a couple offers here. By the way, if you check out the paid offers section, I've made exactly 1 post since I've been here. Not exactly promoting my services. You'll also see that over at WHT and FreeWHT, I don't even use a signature. I don't come to forums like this to ----- my business out, at least not primarily.

also a user CAN NOT get hosting from youhosting directly, youhosting offers reseller hosting, not free hosting for any site, get an account at youhosting and do not create a host and soon you will get close down.
    So what's to stop you from getting one of their reseller accounts and just reselling an account to yourself, for your own free hosting? Absolutely nothing! I've done it to try out their services when they were first introduced. I wanted to see what all the buzz was about, and as expected, the only buzz I found was overloaded services, and an unsustainable business model. You can just get a free domain, set up a fake free host, and give yourself all the 10GB/100GB hosting you could ever want for your own sites.

Can't get hosting directly from youhosting? Try again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 you have a signature here and at DP

2 youhosting will cancel your account for inactivity, you have to have real customers for keep the service, not just host your own sites

3 for one more time i will remind you that we are talking about a few selected resellers, not everyone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 you have a signature here and at DP
    Correct. As I said, I'm not here or at any other forum to simply w.hore my services out, like many of the hosts out there.

2 youhosting will cancel your account for inactivity, you have to have real customers for keep the service, not just host your own sites
    How will they know if it's a personal site or a customer site? They'll have no clue. Like I said, you create some fake host (using their hosting template...you don't even have to design your own site) with some free domain name, and then give your personal sites the 10GB/100GB treatment. They have no idea if they're your own sites or customer sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do not know if youhosting knows or not if you are a fake host, i know what is them rules

anyway the question from PEO was if some resellers will get the right to post offers here
    http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/s...=1#post1159116

so do you agree or not ?